Funcionario tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Funcionario tax

Postby Mariposa » Thu May 20, 2021 10:36 am

After having declared for tax in both countries for many years, I am suddenly told I have to prove my “funcionario” pensioner status in Uk. I worked in several different local authorities and have two pensions. The Uk tax office adds them together and takes tax from the smaller one. Is there a document to prove I was a funcionario? Or can I ask the tax office to contact Hacienda about this. I am extremely cross as I have been scrupulous in declaring despite being told that I didn’t need to as I was borderline here. Has anyone else had the problem of being asked to prove their status ?

Peshma
Tourist

Re: Funcionario tax

Postby Peshma » Thu May 20, 2021 12:06 pm

I had a similar experiences last year, with my military pension - Hacienda queried the validity of that pension! I wrote to the pension provider who sent a letter of confirmation to me (I then of course had to have it translated), my Gestor submitted the letter - Hacienda accepted unconditionally!
Who knows why they ever asked in the first place!!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu May 20, 2021 3:09 pm

Its happened to huge amounts of people of the last couple of years. Hacienda has been on a fishing expedition of all kinds recently.

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:27 pm

Just been hit with a bill plus interest despite my sending letters which state Local Government on them . This was not enough and they should have stated public sector or something. So pretty *beep* off. The uk Tax office say they will get back to me in 28 days ( it’s now 30 day) my P60s clearly show I am paying tax in the uk on them. There are no appointments at Hacienda. What else can I do ? I think if this is a problem the Embassy should be producing an explanatory letter for Hacienda.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:42 pm

Have you declared this income as exempt income? You don’t directly get taxed on it but potentially it will affect your tax bill if you have other taxable income such as UK pensions.

Sid

Mariposa
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariposa » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:58 pm

I have declared everything...only since Brexit has it become a problem. I understand from the person I spoke to at my pension provider that she had also been asked for very specific wording for someone in the fire service. Meanwhile an appointment tomorrow at the crack of dawn and the uk tax letter has not yet arrived. This should be taken up at an official level .

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:42 am

Mariposa wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:58 pm I have declared everything...only since Brexit has it become a problem. I understand from the person I spoke to at my pension provider that she had also been asked for very specific wording for someone in the fire service. Meanwhile an appointment tomorrow at the crack of dawn and the uk tax letter has not yet arrived. This should be taken up at an official level .
The law changed around 2015/2016 where all public sector pensions had to be declared. So thats why people have been questioned over the last few years.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:39 am

I posted this on another thread. My gestoria showed it to us as she's been asked to provide proof that clients' do have the right sort of government pension to be exempt.

https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manual ... intm343040

She said that there are anomolies, such as certain fire services that are not local government, and some former government departments that are now private, so not exempt.