Amazon Prime deliveries

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Anazon Prime deliveries

Postby El Cid » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:49 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:27 pm Many of the posts above are confusing matters re amazon delivery charge
No, you are the one who is confusing everyone by incorrectly saying free delivery on Prime is only for orders over €29. This thread is about Amazon Prime, not about other orders.

If you can’t post correct, on topic, information, please don’t bother. We can all do without ill informed posters creating confusion.

Any more of your incorrect, off topic, posts will be deleted.

Sid

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:18 am

If you are going to quote me then print the full quote

'''Having said all that anything that is available on Amazon Prime is usually free delivery if your order is over 29 EUR. So unless you need to have multiple low value items delivered quickly and regularly then Prime is pretty pointless "'

I never said that delivery is free delivery on Prime is only for orders over 29 EUR. Amazon Prime is free delivery for all Amazon Prime products

I said products available on Amazon Prime are free delivery if you spend over 29 EUR....so no need to pay for Prime if your orders are over 29 EUR

Useful information to readers who are paying for Prime that don't need to.

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:44 pm

So,charges aside,the 3 words app must be a system which spain in particular is suited to. The huge amount of un registered,un marked properties on un named roads all coupled to a useless postcode sysrem, would make it ideal and definitely a tool worth couriers using.
I have the app but I've always wondered would the 3 words be Spanish?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:50 pm

Hi,
What3words.....has a Spanish (Spain) option............

As for post codes........nine (9) villages in our area have the same Post Code..........some are 12km apart :!:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 pm

Spanish delivery drivers cannot be bothered to even attempt to locate houses outside towns.

If they can’t be bothered to use their GPS navigators they will not bother to use What3Words.

We have lived in the campo 1 mile from the main road and in 22 years we have had no more that 6 deliveries to our house.

Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Amazon Prime deliveries

Postby gerryh » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:53 am

I had an Amazon Prime delivery the other day.
I looked online and on my phone for delivery updates.
Was surprised to see a map of my local area with a moving dot of where the delivery van was. Could see it in my local village so expected a phone call to ask where exactly I lived. The dot moved on to the next village and I got a phone call.
Told him where to meet me and watched the dot moving back towards me.
It wasn't one of the major delivery companies, just one I had never seen before.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:02 am

Only a few times ever have I managed to meet a courier driver, usually they just don't want to be bothered phoning and waiting for me to meet them at the local BP petrol station. So I have given up even trying and use Amazon where they use the PO as a drop off point, or shops like Decathlon that also use it. Failing that, my kind friend with a proper address will take a parcel, but I don't like to use her often as I don't want to be a nuisance.

A few times recently tradesmen have used the location sent via Whatsapp and that's been brilliant. They come right to the door and it's great not having to drive out to meet them to bring them up to the house. When we had to call out the bomberos for a hill fire one night, they also used it. I had always wondered what we would do if we needed them, but it worked really well. A shame couriers won't use it to deliver, but for now I am managing. I don't order huge amounts online thankfully.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:57 pm

I live in the campo so delivery drivers always have to phone me and we usually meet at the local fuel station.
I had a delivery from Amazon Prime and the driver asked for my exact location on Google maps.
He drove up to my house. :thumbup: :thumbup:
First delivery I've had to my house in the 17 years I have lived in it. :thumbup:
paack where the delivery company.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris