Amazon Prime deliveries

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Amazon Prime deliveries

Postby gerryh » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:07 pm

How are Amazon Prime deliveries delivered here in Spain?
I have bought numerous things via Amazon Prime but they have all been dropped off at my local Amazon locker. So I can collect them at my convenience.
However, there are I few items I have wanted to buy but are all too big for the lockers.
So how are they delivered?
I live in the campo, my address cannot be found on Google maps, so delivery drivers can never find me.
Other delivery companies, which all have online tracking so I know which day they will try to deliver, I tell them to phone me and I will meet them at the local fuel station.
Cheers
Gerry
Last edited by gerryh on Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Anazon Prime deliveries

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:33 pm

I use an Amazon pick up point which happens to be my local post office, but I think there is a limit to the size of parcel that they will accept. I did have a small 6 bottle vinoteca delivered there once.

For larger items I have to resort sending it to a friend who has a proper address. Not sure which courier company they use though.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:44 pm

Amazon use various couriers including their own vans.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:09 pm

As Mark says is relevant here also

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:33 pm

Do they provide tracking information?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:48 pm

Yes they do. All the deliveries I've had with Prime have had tracking info.

AndyLucyOne
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AndyLucyOne » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:09 am

Hi Gerry,

Have you tried What3Words.com ? They have divided the world into 3m squares, each described in three words separated by a dot. You can find your property on a google-like map and choose a location ... which might be to the left of your front door, or to the right if you prefer, or where they should stop their front wheels in a parking space!! It's that precise. Then include it in your delivery instructions (or route directions to find a turning off an unmade track, for example). There's a phone app to go with it, or some GPS Satnav apps (I use a free one aptly called "Navigator", on Android) allow you to define your destination or waypoints in What3Words, so you can get a route-plan and commentary as you journey. Best of all, it really works, and its all free to use !

Some couriers already use it ... you'd have to ask Amazon Prime

'Hope this helps !

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:49 pm

As others have said Amazon Prime can be delivered by Amazon themselves or by a third party courier.

The delivery depends on the courier and your area. Example in Madrid DHL is great, at my house in Andalucia it depends on who the driver is and the day of the week. DPD/SEUR are great in both locations.

The tracking also depends on which courier it is SEUR is great UPS is rubbish and all the others are in between. SEUR tracking you can actually see where the van is in almost real time and get a time slot by email in the morning to tell you when to expect them. UPS you get just a text line in an email to say it is out for delivery from a depot 150km away..

The best thing to do is to select a locker, or for big items they offer local businesses who accept the delivery and will hold it for you (unfortunately none of those in my case are a local bar). I use these all the time as it is much more convenient, just don't choose the post office, limited hours and long queues.

Having said all that anything that is available on Amazon Prime is usually free delivery if your order is over 29 EUR. So unless you need to have multiple low value items delivered quickly and regularly then Prime is pretty pointless except for the TV streaming service that you get free with it...although Netflix is better.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:39 pm

I get them delivered to a bar in the village, as do a bunch of other people. Convenient excuse for a quick beer when i pick them up.
Regards

Bob

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:14 pm

We use the post office but it doesn’t have big queues and the postmaster sends us a WhatsApp when we have a delivery.

Sid

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:35 pm

Other alternative for those living in the campo is to put your delivery address as a place in the nearest town that knows you and has decent opening hours and is open all day as the couriers can turn up anytime between 8am and 8pm

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:59 pm

We do that. It sort of works.

We had a text at 8.32 saying unable to deliver at 8.58 ( it is a garage that is open 9 till 9 ) . Will deliver by 10 p.m. which they didnt.

Bought something from leroy merlin and they said it will come from the manufacturer direct. Omitted to put our name on it.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:45 am

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:49 pm
Having said all that anything that is available on Amazon Prime is usually free delivery if your order is over 29 EUR.
That must be a very recent change - for the worse. I have ordered a number of items this year under €29 and delivery was free.

Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:54 am

Ordered something yesterday for €5.99 via Amazon Prime. Free delivery.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:09 am

I don't have Prime but a number of articles I have bought this year have had free postage and have been below 20€. I try to use Amazon.es as one of the collection points is our PO which is really useful. So many other companies won't deliver to my PO Box and then I'm stuck (Lidl online is one).

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:10 am

Recently ordered item €3.78 via Amazon Prime...........delivered next day......Zero delivery charge

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:55 am

Same here, ordered a small computer part Thursday evening and it was delivered first thing yesterday morning.

If time is not important, it is sometimes better to buy elsewhere though. I bought an Echo Dot on Amazon day but wanted to make it portable. The battery base was 35 Euros on Amazon but I got exactly the same one for 19 euros plus about 3 Euros for delivery on AliExpress but had to wait a couple of weeks.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:17 am

Amazon UK charges unless order is over 20GBP. Prime is free.

Amazon Spain is free for prime members with no minimum amount.

However, and this is where the confusion may have come from, Amazon Spain has a minimum order of €29 for SAME DAY delivery.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:44 am

My order was for 1.75 but no delivery charge for next day delivery
There was an option to have it delivered at a certain time with an extra charge.
Next day was free but if I had wanted it two days later, (today) it would have incurred a delivery cost.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:27 pm

Many of the posts above are confusing matters re amazon delivery charge

If you order on Amazon and the seller is from Amazon Marketplace (I.e. a third party who just markets on Amazon) then they are free to set whatever charge they want and often deliver for free. Hence products with low value may have free delivery.

If the seller is Amazon directly and and you have Amazon Prime and it is an Amazon Prime product then it is free delivery

If the seller (or fulfillment) is Amazon and you don't have Amazon Prime then delivery charge is waived if the cost of the product(s) is over 29 EUR (19 for books)

It is all explained here
https://www.amazon.es/gp/help/customer/ ... =202093880

Envíos a España peninsular e Islas Baleares
Si realizas un pedido de productos vendidos o gestionados por Amazon, puedes disfrutar del envío gratis con entrega en un plazo de 4 a 5 días laborables en España (península) e Islas Baleares en los siguientes casos:

Pedidos por un importe mínimo de 19 € en libros o 29 € en las demás categorías

Take this product for example
https://www.amazon.es/Shimano-Pastillas ... 245&sr=8-5

Envío GRATIS en pedidos superiores a 29,00 €

Cost of product is 9.35 Buy 1 you pay for delivery...but buy another 20 EUR of things from Amazon (not Amazon Marketplace) and you get free delivery

Amazon do offer some products delivered to collection points free delivery If they are from Amazon or Amazon fulfillment regardless of the value of the product, however if you want them delivered to your door there is a charge If the value is under 29 EUR