Meeting People at the airport

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Meeting People at the airport

Postby alicia » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:54 pm

Hi,

I am due to pick up family members from Malaga in not to distant future. However, I have heard that it is not possible to meet people at the barrier when they come through arrivals as in the past. Apparently, you have to wait outside the airport!!! Would anybody know whether this is correct or not or be able to tell me what the present etiquette is during this ongoing pandemic. I would be really grateful. :think:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Meeting People at the airport

Postby elusive » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:16 am

Yes that's correct. You have to wait outside just on the otherside of the exit doors to the right of where they come through.

alicia
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alicia » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:37 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for updating me. I appreciate it.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:46 pm

Some more information for Forum users who are confused with the new arrangements at Malaga Airport.

P1: Short to Medium Stay Parking next door to Express Parking

This car park is within easy walking distance of the main terminal buildings and is ideal for those meeting flights or accompanying friends and family to Málaga-Costa del Sol Airport. There are 1,471 spaces, of which 47 are reserved for disabled parking badge holders.

The car park connects to T3 via a passageway on Floor 2 as well as the Check-In area and Arrivals area on the ground floor.

I suggest you also contact the Airport Enquiries directly for any further information.

David

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:45 pm

Ideal?

Strange use of the word! P1 was ideal for the old airport. When they extended they overlooked the fact that people meet folk at the airport often with luggage and disabilities of one form or another.