Shipping Personal Items back to U.K

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Shipping Personal Items back to U.K

Postby firsttango » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:30 pm

I am wanting to ship approximately 6 large boxes of personal clothing and assorted "stuff" such as photos etc..........no electricals or furniture.

1. Anyone recommend a reliable company

2. Anyone had any experience of doing this since Brexit

Any tips/info on any of the above most appreciated

Thanks

These are boxes that will be used to ship

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Shipping Personal Items back to U.K

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:14 pm

I used to use ecoparcel for 'valueless second hand stuff' but they had poor tracking and a rubbish customer services. It was very cheap- €20 for a 15kg box. They improved alot, but now don't offer the route.

I would be interested to know as well
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:47 pm

Dont think theres any taxes etc on anything going to the uk from europe at the mo. Keeps being delayed

Nerjaboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nerjaboy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:03 am

I am replying in the hope someone proves my research wrong, as I'm trying to send personal items back from a holiday home that is being sold.

If you are relocating and transferring residence back to the UK it's no issue you just have to submit a form.

Here's the problem if sending stuff back and not transferring residence:
When using a removal firm or courier a customs declaration has to be completed that costs £250. You get no personal allowances if sending goods back unaccompanied.

The UK customs helpline and officers at Southend Airport have been really helpful and said the easiest way is to bring it back yourself as you get an allowance of £390 for the declared value of the goods. The rest you submit an online declaration and the system works out the customs duty to be paid. Good news is a number of categories are rated at Zero duty.
The values declared can be low if second hand / used and are old.

The guys I asked at Southend said it comes down to the individual officers if there decide to check everything you bring back. Newhaven Ferry officers said if you let them know in advance of the declaration they probably won't even stop you as the car registration will be noted.

If someone says I'm wrong and there is a simpler solution I would be very interested in seeing what it is as it will save me a trip back and forth in the car.