Monthly Electricity Bill

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Parilla
Resident

Monthly Electricity Bill

Postby Parilla » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:37 am

Anyone else supplied by Energia/Endesa, not had a September bill yet ?

Parilla

fyfin
Resident

Re: Monthly Electricity Bill

Postby fyfin » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:46 am

There's something going on with electricity bills. We've had 3 estimates for the last 3 months and despite sending photos of the meter readings nothing has happened. We're with Energy Nordic but we're told the problem is with Endesa who are the distributor and apparently there's a big problem with the distribution network. Maybe the smart meters aren't so smart after all.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:51 am

All ok here, bill issued up to 13th Oct from Endesa.

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:16 am

14th of Oct ours was taken from bank.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:18 am

I always used to get monthly bills from my supplier (Naturgy) but it seems to have gone haywire since the new tariffs were introduced. I got one bill for the months of April, May and June, then a second for the months of August and September. None of them have been estimated, though. I suppose it is understandable when you think of all the changes they've had to make, first the new tariffs then the reduction in IVA, and most recently the reduced electricity consumption tax. My next one should be due in about a week's time, to cover the October consumption, so will see what happens.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:25 am

I was sent my bi-monthly Endesa bill for September and October then a fews days later it arrived again - which was unusual. Fortunately I've been direct debited only once - so far!

Saludos

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:41 am

Same thing happened to me Screagle in mid summer.I then got an email a few days later with an opology..

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:20 pm

Our Energia bill is available online but I haven't been to the POBox so don't know if it's there yet which it should be. More expensive for less usage this past month. I have also just noticed that the cheap rate Mon-Fri is 12 midnight to 8am whereas before it was 10pm -8am. We've been running the dishwasher at 10pm but now that is the mid rate. Apart from the water heater, during the week there is nothing much we can do to use the overnight cheap rate now.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:37 pm

Can you not run the dish washer at 12 midnight. Does it not have a timer on it! Same with the washing machine.

Are you with Endesa. I have their two hour free a day and do all my main washing then.

My bills have not gone up at all!
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:19 pm

No I am with EnergiaXXI.

The OH cannot sleep with the dishwasher running and it doesn't have a delayed start option. The washing machine does have a delayed start but again we don't want to listen to the machine running in the middle of the night (and before 8am is the middle of the night to us :lol: ) plus it says you cannot use that facility with washing liquid (which I prefer to use) for some reason. I tend to do the washing at weekends only now as I don't do more than two loads a week. We run the dishwasher about every 3 days so that varies.

It probably doesn't make a huge difference but we thought we would try to keep the bills down and not pay over the odds. We pay a variable amount depending on the price of electricity, so it's gone up proportionally this past couple of months.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:05 pm

Thanks all. Nothing in your experiences seems to mirror my circumstances, so I guess I'll have to give them a ring to try and get to the bottom of it. That will be something to look forward to !!!!

Parilla

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:57 pm

Can you not look online?

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:04 pm

Received and got direct debited bills from endesa for both september and october. I do recall that sometimes it's a two month bill, but maybe thats my mind playing tricks...

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:05 pm

Doesn’t Endesa have an app? I use the Iberdrola one (our supplier) and can see usage per hour or day or month, not quite in real time but a couple of days late.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:31 am

Yes Wicksey, done that but last on line bill was 2nd September for the month 28/7 to 29/8 - similar kWh consumo to previous bill, almost twice the cost.

Parilla

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:25 am

My last bill was 19/9 to 23/10, issued 1/11. It was available on line when I checked the other day. As you say, proportionately more this time. You seem to be a bit behind then!

Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Benal Pirate » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:38 pm

My last bill from Endesa was issued on 19 Oct via email for period 8 Aug to 8 Oct.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:06 pm

People are still talking about the rise in electricity prices.
So far this year; with the exception of the first one, every bill has been,around €10 euros cheaper than last year!
We are rentors and the landlord presents us with the monthly bills,which we pay.
I have no idea why we are getting it cheaper this year.I cannot fathom all the figures on the bills. :think:

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:49 pm

We haven’t noticed any big increase. Had the granddaughters out for 4 weeks in the summer, A million showers later and no big increase.

bobdun
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bobdun » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:42 pm

Ours had been cheaper since the new system came in. That was until the last bill which was higher than usual. I can't work out why really as majority of use was on the cheapest rate yet consumption seemed higher? Will have to monitor it and see what happens on future bills.