Holiday home

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Joanna fleuret

Holiday home

Postby Joanna fleuret » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:04 pm

Not sure if this is right as a new user - we are coming to our holiday home after 2 years due to the pandemic - will we need to do anything special regarding the water sitting in the tank and pipes with regards to bacteria orbshould we just heat it and run it? Any advice would be appreciated!! Thank you

Cádiz
Resident

Re: Holiday home

Postby Cádiz » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:41 pm

If its one of these tanks i see up high on houses and uncovered be better to empty if you can... its pretty easy... then fill the tank with fresh water and run the taps for a while and you be ok.. Male sure you check the tank for dirt etc as if any in there you need to get removed...
Stagnant water has a horrible taste...

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:18 am

Not wishing to sound too much like an Eco warrior, which I am definitely not, I wouldn't advocate just throwing away water, especially in the Competa area which has been on a restricted supply all summer. If possible buy bottled water for drinking for a while, and use any water in the tank or pipes for showering or watering plants etc.
Hardworking resident !!

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:56 pm

Run all the taps for 5 minutes, flush the toilets a couple of times and probably drink bottled for 1st few days.