Postage: UK

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
jonbar.1
Resident

Postage: UK

Postby jonbar.1 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:44 am

My wife today took an envelope to the Correos containing a few Xmas cards for the family.
She was asked at the counter what it contained.
No problem of course.
Originally my wife was simply going to stick stamps on the envelope ( sufficient to easily cover the postage) and post it.
My question is twofold : what would have happened?
and are we no longer able to post an envelope with stamps on ? :think:

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Postage: UK

Postby daveboy » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:02 pm

I guess it will be the same as a UK resident sending a card to say Australia. You have to go to the post office counter and declare what you are sending.

brimsham
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby brimsham » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:13 pm

I just buy the stamps in the tabac and pop the card into the Correos mail box. The last card I sent a few weeks ago took 5 days to be delivered. In 15 years I have never had a problem using this method.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:49 pm

I send so few letters to the UK that I can’t remember the last time I actually stuck a stamp on one.
I usually go to the post office near here and the put what can only be called a digital stamp. I can’t remember if they ask me what’s inside.
The official stuf such as UK tax returns usually foxes them as they are not used to post codes being so specific and ask me for the rest of the address.

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:37 pm

markwilding wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:49 pm
The official stuf such as UK tax returns usually foxes them as they are not used to post codes being so specific and ask me for the rest of the address.
And DVLA. Swansea. No street name

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:15 am

We have sent several letters( cards) this year by stamping and posting in the yellow postbox; without any probs.Might avoid queueing at the Correos from now on.