Bird rescue

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Bird rescue

Postby LifeofBrian » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:00 am

Hi All, About 4 weeks ago I found a Eurasian dove (the type easily seen sitting on overhead wires etc) that could not walk properly and was very disorientated. Now, after being carefully looked after he/she is strong and healthy but, as of the moment doesn't seem to want to fly more than a few yards. Maybe the bird is a bit spoilt and actually has no real inclination to fly off!!! Thing is, however, I cannot keep the bird for much longer and was wondering if anyone knows where it could be best looked after for the longer term. Could be in an aviary at home or a rescue centre or wherever...I just don't want the bird to be put down. I live in the Vinuela area. Thanks everyone for trying to help if you can.

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Bird rescue

Postby daveboy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:57 pm

Couldn’t you put it in your garden and let nature take is course. It will fly if it can especially if threatened. Rescue centres are only usually interested in birds of prey.

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Bird rescue

Postby LifeofBrian » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Hi daveboy,
I have cats and they will no doubt have a go at the bird. Having said that I could keep them in for a bit to see what happens. Good idea. Thanks for trying to help. Take care and keep safe.