Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:38 am

Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby ericsbcn » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:26 pm

I know some people have been complaining about high fees and commissions with their bank accounts. It looks like BBVA is currently advertising their no-fee online account. Info here:

https://www.bbva.es/en/personas/product ... CB-masinfo

We have had the online account for 6 or 7 years now and can confirm that we have never paid any maintenance fees. We like it because their website and phone app work really well and can be set to English. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

- Eric S.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 2138
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:30 am
Location: Co Durham/ Granada Province

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:07 pm

Good if you live in Spain but not so good if you don't, it is only open to people who are residents...some people may be interested...

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: UK / 11540

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby Screagle » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:16 pm

As Pamala1 says BBVA online is only open to residents. It's not the only fee-free account available to residents there are others and they have been mentioned on this forum and are searcheable.

Of interest to fee dodging (like me!) non-residents might be N26. As a N-R so far I've been succcessfully able to open a fee-free account with my NIE, spanish correspondence address, NI number and UK passport. I now have a spanish IBAN and am in the process of transferring my direct debits over, the first being endesa, which was very simple. I'll open a separate thread to share my experience when I've competed transferring all of my domiciliaciones as well as pay my IRNR over the counter from my existing account.

Saludos

User avatar
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 4919
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Axarquia coast

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:25 pm

That looks very interesting, although our account was fee free and then after a few years they introduced them. Worse still, Sabadell have now closed the Torrox branch and our nearest one is in the centre of Nerja so not very convenient. We don't go there often but they refuse to send a replacement debit card through the post (the chip went wrong in mine) but thankfully they have an appointments system now for me to go and collect the new one. Not as easy as just popping down to the Costa where there was parking close by though. Never changed over banks before although I see BBVA say they handle it all. It seems a bit of a nightmare with Endesa, IBI, car tax etc as we have direct debits for everything now.

User avatar
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 5951
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:47 pm

I will have to recommend that to the mil - they are with deutsche bank, that was in torre del mar and they closed the local branch.. she has to go 50km to malaga each time she needs to go to a branch now !!!

I would get rid of that in a second if it were me
Alhaurin el Grande since ´99, working at the airport since 2011.

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:46 am

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby poppy1 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:56 pm

Cajamar Wefferent Account...no charges.

Cádiz
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:02 pm
Location: Cadiz

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby Cádiz » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:15 am

Screagle wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:16 pm As Pamala1 says BBVA online is only open to residents. It's not the only fee-free account available to residents there are others and they have been mentioned on this forum and are searcheable.

Of interest to fee dodging (like me!) non-residents might be N26. As a N-R so far I've been succcessfully able to open a fee-free account with my NIE, spanish correspondence address, NI number and UK passport. I now have a spanish IBAN and am in the process of transferring my direct debits over, the first being endesa, which was very simple. I'll open a separate thread to share my experience when I've competed transferring all of my domiciliaciones as well as pay my IRNR over the counter from my existing account.

Saludos
Hi Screagle,
I have been looking at this option, my inquiries some time ago said the IBAN in Germany, great to hear that it can be Spanish.
Am i right assuming a Spanish sim card is needed and that we download the app to this... Please confirm if this is correct... I currently do not have Spanish sim but that's easy when over... I have Revolut but it does not have Spanish IBAN, Revolut only works through app.
If it is possible to do N26 from PC be my preferred option..

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: UK / 11540

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby Screagle » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:36 pm

Cádiz

I have a Spanish SIM through Yoigo but it doesn't need to in the phone you download the app to. You just the need the SIM for an OTP for contact number verification purposes. However If you are using an Android device then the app will only allow you to sign in if it is 7.0 minimum - even if the app downloads. Yoigo is the same. This is a bit of a pain as the phone my Yoigo SIM is in is an Android 6.0 device. Having said that I'm pleased that the N26 app and Yoigo SIM don't need to co-reside. If you wish to use PC access to N26 then you'll require an OTP sent to your SIM everytime you login.

Saludos
Last edited by Screagle on Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cádiz
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:02 pm
Location: Cadiz

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby Cádiz » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:04 pm

Screagle wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:36 pm Cádiz

I have a Spanish SIM through Yoigo but it doesn't need to in the phone you download the app to. You just the need the SIM for an OTP for contact number verfiication purposes. However If you are using an Android device then the app will only allow you to sign in if it is 7.0 minimum - even if it downloads. Yoigo is the same. This is a bit of a pain as the phone my Yoigo SIM is in is an Android 6.0 device. Having said that I'm pleased that the N26 app and Yoigo SIM don't need to co-reside. If you wish to use PC access to N26 then you'll require an OTP sent to your SIM everytime you login.

Saludos
Thanks for info...it seems to be pretty much the same model as Revolut but it has Spanish IBAN.., It seems the IBAN lives with the (+34) number.
It may be Revolut will do this so i will keep am eye and likely sign up for N26.

regards...

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:38 am

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby ericsbcn » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:34 am

Pamela1 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:07 pm Good if you live in Spain but not so good if you don't, it is only open to people who are residents...some people may be interested...
We are non-residents. But maybe they have changed the policy since we opened our account 6 or 7 years ago.

- Eric S.

Cádiz
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:02 pm
Location: Cadiz

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby Cádiz » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:31 am

What is the easiest way to get a Spanish sim... i will only be using for this so i do not want to get into a rolling contract...

eric... which bank are you with...

User avatar
Enrique
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 8992
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Mytchett/Alcala La Real

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby Enrique » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:14 am

Hi Cádiz,

We both have Vodafone PAYG SIM's in Dual SIM phones, just top up 10€ a month or when ever you want to use it.

As for Banks.............. we use Caja Rural ...........Grupo Caja Rural comprises 30 cooperative banks. Works ok for us Non-Residents.
UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 2138
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:30 am
Location: Co Durham/ Granada Province

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:19 pm

ericsbcn wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:34 am
Pamela1 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:07 pm Good if you live in Spain but not so good if you don't, it is only open to people who are residents...some people may be interested...
We are non-residents. But maybe they have changed the policy since we opened our account 6 or 7 years ago.

- Eric S.
On their website they are saying that the account applies to people resident in Spain so yes it looks like they have changed policy, you are one of the lucky ones then. :P

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:38 am

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby ericsbcn » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:22 pm

Cádiz wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:31 am
eric... which bank are you with...
As mentioned, we have BBVA.

- Eric S.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:38 am

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby ericsbcn » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:30 pm

Wicksey wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:25 pm That looks very interesting, although our account was fee free and then after a few years they introduced them. Worse still, Sabadell have now closed the Torrox branch and our nearest one is in the centre of Nerja so not very convenient. We don't go there often but they refuse to send a replacement debit card through the post (the chip went wrong in mine) but thankfully they have an appointments system now for me to go and collect the new one. Not as easy as just popping down to the Costa where there was parking close by though. Never changed over banks before although I see BBVA say they handle it all. It seems a bit of a nightmare with Endesa, IBI, car tax etc as we have direct debits for everything now.
Yes, I think BBVA can handle everything. We've never had a problem with direct debits, paying bills, doing transfers, etc. And there is no minimum balance or set monthly deposit required.

- Eric S.

User avatar
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 4919
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Axarquia coast

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:48 pm

Sounds promising Eric!

Cádiz
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:02 pm
Location: Cadiz

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby Cádiz » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:25 am

A friend told me a few days ago that we can log-in to our Electrica and pay direct with credit card.
Can any confirm as i heading over next week and can set up...

Thanks...

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: UK / 11540

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby Screagle » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:25 pm

Looks like I've successfully transferred my existing direct debits to N26 (luz, water, internet and IBI). IBI actually took two attempts as I was requested to provide a bank certificate for them to fax off so they rejected a handwritten IBAN on my water bill! I was able to download the N26 bank certificate with my name, address, IBAN, BIC and N26 address then return the next day to complete the process. In doing so I used the N26 web-site to download the certificate (probably didn't need to but I found it a bit easier to navigate). So, to correct a statement I made earlier about OTP login for the web-site in fact how it works is that you approve web-site login using the N26 app. Hope this makes sense.

Next month we close our Santander Mundo account mandated for non-residents and start saving 16 euros per month - can't wait! Now I just need to figure out a way to pay our IRNR Modelo 210 without queuing up to pay cash over the counter...

Saludos

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:38 am

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby ericsbcn » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:41 pm

Screagle wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:25 pm
...

Now I just need to figure out a way to pay our IRNR Modelo 210 without queuing up to pay cash over the counter...

Saludos
Screagle -

Do you have a digital certificate? If you do, you can file your modelo 210 electronically and pay by providing your IBAN right on the form.

- Eric S.

User avatar
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 7611
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:56 pm
Location: Los Alcázares, Murcia

Re: Bank account with no fees at BBVA

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:29 pm

I complained to Cajamar about their ever-increasing fees, even for residents, and they tried to put me onto a Wefferent account. The forms I had to sign amounted to 23 A4 pages of typical bank Spanish-speak. 23 pages cannot be to protect a client IMHO, just protect the bank, so I have stayed with them reluctantly on a normal basis.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I [email protected] to disguise a cough.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 6 guests