Endesa Unica Tariff

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fincalospinos
Resident

Endesa Unica Tariff

Postby fincalospinos » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:50 am

I switched to a new fixed payment Unica tarrif with Endesa at the beginning of January. It seems a good deal, and takes away the pressure of always checking what time of day or night that carry the highest charges for electricity used. They base it on your previous 12 months usage, and providing that you dont exceed last years usage by more than a third, the rate is fixed for 2 years.

However, since I have been on this tariff, over the last 2 weekends I have had problems with the trip switch cutting out, and then not being able to reset it, both times on a Friday night.
Obviously I have tried to isolate the problem by unplugging everything, closing the other circuit switches etc, but still unable to reset the main trip switch. I have had an electrician out 3 times, he has checked everything and cannot find out the problem. He even changed the trip switch.
Eventually, after around 24 hours, and for no rhyme nor reason, I can reset the trip again and everything works perfectly as before.

My question is, has anyone else experienced this problem, and is there the possibility that Endesa are reducing the power at certain times if they think we are using too much, or doing anything else that may affect the supply.?
For information, we are not in the campo, we have contracted to receive 4.6Kw day and night, have a smart meter, and have not increased our usage.

Would be interested to hear any thoughts.
Hardworking resident !!