Mask wearing to end inside.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fyfin
Resident

Re: Mask wearing to end inside.

Postby fyfin » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:20 pm

Elusive, It's difficult as sometimes they say it's local but can be 50 km away and still classed as local. We're lucky because it's Cabrera honey so on our doorstep more or less. It probably changes depending where the bees are travelling to and what particular plant pollen affect you the most. I'm not sure what the answer is but I'm just glad I don't seem to be suffering so far this year. In the past no amount of antihistamine or nasal sprays seemed to make any difference. When it was really bad the ventolin inhaler definitely helped but thankfully haven't needed it for years (out of date now lol)
9 months seems a long time to have that type of symptom so could be a dust allergy or something else, my friend always suspected the cat but his wife wouldn't get rid of it. When it finally died he was proved right lol
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:36 pm

During the holiday season there are many people coming into Spain from many different countries.Spain might be dragging their feet by not allowing unvaccinated people into the country because they fear it may put extra preasure on their health service..Who knows the reason but i had the vaccine so i could travel otherwise i wouldn't be here right now.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:35 am

Pamela1 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:36 pm i had the vaccine so i could travel otherwise i wouldn't be here right now.
Me too. No other reason that I would have had the jab.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:58 am

costakid wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:35 am
Pamela1 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:36 pm i had the vaccine so i could travel otherwise i wouldn't be here right now.
Me too. No other reason that I would have had the jab.
Braver than me and I admire your honesty

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:29 pm

Just seen this on Facebook -
https://scontent.fman4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=62653125
makes it quite clear ;-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:09 pm

Seems my post on 14th April wasn't far out. I said I suspected some shops etc would still insist on it and it appears to be the case. El Corte Inglés, Mango and Carrefour maintain the use of masks indoors according to our local radio station post. I'm looking forward to going into our local supermarket and seeing what happens although judging from the amount of people still wearing them outdoors and in their cars, not much is changing. This video amused me "Maskaholics anonymous lol" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBsCHDdi_O4
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:42 pm

Not sure how they can enforce that now that the law has been changed fyfin. I don't intend to wear one if I don't need to.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:00 pm

fyfin wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:09 pm Seems my post on 14th April wasn't far out. I said I suspected some shops etc would still insist on it and it appears to be the case. El Corte Inglés, Mango and Carrefour maintain the use of masks indoors according to our local radio station post. I'm looking forward to going into our local supermarket and seeing what happens although judging from the amount of people still wearing them outdoors and in their cars, not much is changing. This video amused me "Maskaholics anonymous lol" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBsCHDdi_O4
Excellent video ....just about sums up a great many that are still in denial :wink:

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:28 pm

Just been to Eroski at El Ingenio not wearing our masks.
Staff still wearing masks in the shops I passed.
Nobody asked us to put our masks on.
About one-third of the shoppers not wearing masks.
Perhaps the other two-thirds don't know it is not a requirement.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:17 pm

gerryh wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:28 pm Just been to Eroski at El Ingenio not wearing our masks.
Staff still wearing masks in the shops I passed.
Nobody asked us to put our masks on.
About one-third of the shoppers not wearing masks.
Perhaps the other two-thirds don't know it is not a requirement.
Cheers
Gerry
It's not law to wear them in shops so I'm not if I don't want to. There are still many people who wear them in the street, even when there is no-one else around, so there'll always be those that do want to wear them all the time, everywhere. Doesn't bother me, as long as I now have the right to choose (apart from obligatory places, like the health centre or farmacia). We went for lunch today and didn't wear them entering the restaurant or walking to the loo, it's whatever you feel comfortable doing.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:11 pm

I was in lidl today . It was very quiet inside. About 90% were wearing them. Not the staff though.i felt like a naughty boy. Wondering if the rule had actually come in until i saw the staff
Last edited by elusive on Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:32 pm

fyfin wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:09 pm Seems my post on 14th April wasn't far out. I said I suspected some shops etc would still insist on it and it appears to be the case. El Corte Inglés, Mango and Carrefour maintain the use of masks indoors according to our local radio station post. I'm looking forward to going into our local supermarket and seeing what happens although judging from the amount of people still wearing them outdoors and in their cars, not much is changing. This video amused me "Maskaholics anonymous lol" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBsCHDdi_O4
I’m in London and all shops and banks ask customers to wear one but it’s clearly not obligatory, The same on the underground however, hardly anyone is wearing one.
Give it a week in Spain and there will be a sharp drop in the numbers wearing one. I do an online class with a company and they are maintaining the obligation for their employees for the moment.

As I posted before, I will drop the obligation for students to wear one What will be interesting is how many will continue to put one on. I won’t be surprised if some do.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:18 pm

Torrox Costa Mercadonna around midday a guessed 75% naked and about 50% of the staff.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:45 am

Malaga city for lunch yesterday, no one in restaurant and then went on to Banderas new bar and no staff or customers were wearing. Bus home and it was obligatory to wear a mask.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:24 am

Lyric wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:18 pm Torrox Costa Mercadonna around midday a guessed 75% naked and about 50% of the staff.
:wtf: :clap: sin mascarilla I presume, rather than clothes :lol:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:10 am

That would put you off your albondigas!

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:49 am

No problem in local supermarkets but most people in our town still wearing masks even outside, admittedly it seems to be mostly Spanish. Still wearing them in cars too so as I suspected the change in rules has made no difference to some people. I guess they believe it protects them from something.
I couldn't care less what people wear so long as I'm not expected or rather coerced or mandated to do it too.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:16 pm

I went to Granada city today and i didn't wear a mask in any shops, even the bank! A mixture of some people wearing them and some people not.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:21 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:16 pm I went to Granada city today and i didn't wear a mask in any shops, even the bank! A mixture of some people wearing them and some people not.
Our little town seems to be taking longer to get used to it or maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:24 pm

I had my haircut without a mask. My hairdresser wore hers but then she's up close to a lot of people all day, but said I didn't have to wear mine. There was only the two of us in the salon.