Premium Bonds - changing details

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fyfin
Resident

Premium Bonds - changing details

Postby fyfin » Fri May 06, 2022 11:44 am

I just wondered if anyone else has premium bonds and the can access their account online. We satisfy all the requirements i.e. UK Bank account and a UK telephone number ( I retained both although have everything Spanish as well).
I find now that we cannot access our accounts without a security check which would be no problem except they want to ring the registered UK telephone number but their automatic phone system seems to not work with my EE UK mobile number. It simply doesn't ring and I get an answerphone message instead. They seem to think it's my mobile not accepting anonymous calls or some other blocking but I have tested it by getting someone who withheld their number ringing and it rang right away.
My wife had to call them and luckily she remembered the security questions but everything had to be spelt phonetically a for alpha r romeo etc. So we got there but it's rather annoying having online accounts and not able to access them. We though after giving all the details over the phone it would at least release the account for enquiries.
If anyone else can access their account and has received a call can you tell me which UK network you are on so we can get a sim card that works lol
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Premium Bonds - changing details

Postby peteroldracer » Fri May 06, 2022 1:13 pm

We just checked our account yesterday - entered the account number and password and got straight in - no checks or calls. You need to use your NS&I number not your holder number, and to get in initially they sent the log in by post to us in Spain, not possible by phone or email. I do not understand why they have the 2 different numbers when surely one would cover all needs.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri May 06, 2022 1:25 pm

peteroldracer wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:13 pm We just checked our account yesterday - entered the account number and password and got straight in - no checks or calls. You need to use your NS&I number not your holder number, and to get in initially they sent the log in by post to us in Spain, not possible by phone or email. I do not understand why they have the 2 different numbers when surely one would cover all needs.
Yes, up until recently I was able to get in Ok just to check but if I wanted to change anything I would have had to have a security check which wouldn't work because of the phone call problem. I get this message as soon as I log in.

Confirm your phone number
We need to make a security call to you. Please select the number we should contact you on.

Your phone number
+44 7717**3080
My phone numbers are outdated or incorrect
When you click Continue, we'll call you straight away.
If our first call is unsuccessful, we'll try twice more.
If we can't reach you after three attempts, your online and phone access will become suspended. If this happens, don't worry, we'll explain what to do next.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri May 06, 2022 4:55 pm

Just checked mine: the phone number for my account is my Spanish mobile.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 06, 2022 5:37 pm

I use the NSandI bonds checker on their web page each month to check if we've won and you don't have to log in at all. Just put your holder number, no password or anything else required and you can see some of the previous months winnings as well. Obviously if you need to log in to change something then you have the phone number problem. I haven't logged in probably for the past year, so don't know if it has changed.

Just realised/remembered, that in fact they are in my Spanish address so probably the Spanish phone number as well. The only thing we must have, as overseas investors, is a UK bank account.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri May 06, 2022 6:38 pm

peteroldracer wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:55 pm Just checked mine: the phone number for my account is my Spanish mobile.
They let my wife enter a Spanish mobile online but we tried it and nothing happened. When we phoned they said only uk numbers will work.
My son is coming over and will bring a GiffGaff sim card with him as well as tea bags lol. Oh and wine gums of course.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri May 06, 2022 6:41 pm

420 Tetleys for £5 in Asda 2 weeks ago...
Last edited by peteroldracer on Fri May 06, 2022 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri May 06, 2022 7:37 pm

peteroldracer wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:41 pm 400 Tetleys for £5 in Asda 2 weeks ago...
And the good news is my son is visiting in 4 weeks.

Time to stock.up