Water supply

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
axarquian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Water supply

Postby axarquian » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:03 am

Hello all,
I have been without water at my campo house (Ayuntamiento Canillas de Aceituno ) since last Wednesday June 1st due to a fractured pipe on the track near my house. I have contacted the Canillas fontanero who said he would come the following day Thursday. He did not come and did not answer his phone after trying to call him several times on Friday. I can see the cause of the leak, a hole in the pipe, I could repair similar leaks on my property within half an hour but I think I am not allowed to interfere with the supply pipes outside of my property. Does anyone have any advice as to how I might escalate the problem (a contact name at the town hall would be usefull) or does anyone know what my rights are regarding a water supply. The waste of water from the leak must be huge !

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Water supply

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:11 am

can you not buy a bolt on clamp to stop the leak, and leave a note saying that its yours ? they cant be annoyed that you stopped a leak thats pouring water everywhere ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:30 pm

Hello axarquian - I can put you in touch with one of the Canillas council officers. She read your post today but is not a member of A.Com and contacted me, as she knows I am. If you PM me with your email or phone no., I will pass it on and my friend will contact you. She is British, by the way, the only Brit on the Canillas council, as far as I know :) Edit: Just re-read my friend's email - she is actually asking if I can get your address, so if you'd like to PM me with where you are, I'll pass that on.

D1ckyS
Tourist

Postby D1ckyS » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:40 pm

I hadn't seen this post before posting a comment on the Canillas de Aceituno FB page this morning trying to raise awareness of the dire situation regarding the water supply in the campo.
It seems that the supply has been extremely erratic for several weeks and several neighbours now have been without any water for up to a week. I do hope you manage to get the leak repaired but I fear that it may only be a symptom of a much larger breakdown of the water supply.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:38 pm

are the campo problems mentioned due to the mountain springs drying up?

D1ckyS
Tourist

Postby D1ckyS » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:55 pm

Part of the problem is that rumours fly around eg it's because the village pool is being filled, too much water being taken by avocado farmers, lack of pressure, leaks not being fixed etc. Take your pick. Having said that, the ayuntamiento have announced that some pipes were being cleaned today but still no water...

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:50 pm

D1ckyS: ?did you get any interested/interesting responses from that Canillas de Aceituno FB page?

D1ckyS
Tourist

Postby D1ckyS » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:19 pm

Not really. Im going to chill, have a drink and hope the problem goes away.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:55 pm

not a drink of water I assume?!... dont know if you live in the village or campo/mountains around ... ... if the latter, maybe look to find a spring and collect your own water ... we have one here and yesterday we collected 40 litres of spring water ... to be put througha charcoal filter and stored in glass bottles in a cool, dark place ...