water deliver in the cartama (malaga) area ?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

water deliver in the cartama (malaga) area ?

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:38 pm

we were searching around for a water delivery company, we contacted lots online and on wallapop and milanuncios etc, it needs to be a truck, not a tractor with tanker, due to the access.

We found in the end, after contacting people from all over the place that Melchor builders yard delivers water, and its only down the road.

Well recomended, they came up with a 7000L truck (so a small ish tanker) with a pump on the back, and filled up our 5000L tank in a few minutes, then put the rest into our garden water / rain water IBC tanks.

It was 90€ delivered, 20€ more than the tractor but i couldnt recomend them enough, professional, fast, with a reciept etc.

The real question is, does anyone know who can do it cheaper? I dont want to pay out 90/month for water if i can help it.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Re: water deliver in the cartama (malaga) area ?

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:22 pm

Well we were driving past aldi and lidl in cartama, and we happened to notice another water tanker..

We stopped him and asked. 70€ for 10,000 L .. much cheaper ! Now I just need another tank to hold it all.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Re: water deliver in the cartama (malaga) area ?

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:26 pm

ok, so we have now been "authorised" to join the "canal water" system, (the pipe was already there from years ago), and our tank refils itself and i dont have to get a truck any more, well unless we run out.. or use more than they supply.

Its not recomended to drink it (its river water, i guess?) but its good for showers / washing / washing up. so far not alot of cal in it either.

looks like the water is "turned on" once or twice a week, which is plenty for us to live with, we shouldn´t run out if thats the case.