Doing the Tranferecia of a second hand car

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
john the baptist
Resident
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:48 am

Doing the Tranferecia of a second hand car

Postby john the baptist » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:49 pm

Hi everyone,

May someone please help with something that I've done before when you could do it yourself in person with cash.

I have an opportunity to purchase a car, second hand cheaply and would like to do the owner transfer myself as it takes a lot less time and I know its getting done. (also the €250 gestor fee that they want to charge seem ridiculous as i know they are charging €100 for the admin alone)

I bought various vehicles, being cars motorbikes and scooter over the last 20 years however I am aware that even before Covid Traffico had converted from accepting cash to paying online only and getting dealt with ONLY with an appointment.

I also need to pay the tax to the junta to Andalucia online and also the €52 or whatever it is administration fee in Traffico.

I would be very very grateful if anyone who has done it recently could let me know how its done now and in particularly send me links to the relevant web pages where my details and the vehicle details can be inputted and where I can pay the vehicle tax and the transfer tax and how to book an appointment with traffico to submit the documents.

I desperately need to get it sorted asap as the ITV runs out late next month and need the documents in my name asap to book the ITV.

BYW Im in Cadiz province, my nearest trafico is La linea and the nearest hacienda office is Sab Roque.

Many many thanks in advance

Kind regard
JB

User avatar
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 6021
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99

Re: Doing the Tranferecia of a second hand car

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:59 pm

john the baptist wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:49 pm ....Hi everyone,...

...I desperately need to get it sorted asap as the ITV runs out late next month and need the documents in my name asap to book the ITV...


..Kind regard
JB
No you don't, don't worry about it. Anyone can itv any car. How do you think we do all the itvs for work? We don't put the cars in our name.
Alhaurin el Grande since ´99, working at the airport since 2011.

john the baptist
Resident
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:48 am

Re: Doing the Tranferecia of a second hand car

Postby john the baptist » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:03 am

spanish_lad wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:59 pm
john the baptist wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:49 pm ....Hi everyone,...

...I desperately need to get it sorted asap as the ITV runs out late next month and need the documents in my name asap to book the ITV...


..Kind regard
JB
No you don't, don't worry about it. Anyone can itv any car. How do you think we do all the itvs for work? We don't put the cars in our name.
Many thanks Spanish lad, the transfer is easy to do but im struggling with the forms especially for the hacienda as I dont know what the valuation is for the vehicle, i just know what I paid for it.

Cheers

JB

john the baptist
Resident
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:48 am

Re: Doing the Tranferecia of a second hand car

Postby john the baptist » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:06 am

Hi everyone im struggling with the hacienda vehicle purchase tax form.

Can anyone tell me if they have done it or paid it online if so please please do share your knowledge and Ideally send me a link via this message on where on the web it is.

Many thanks

JB

User avatar
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 6021
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99

Re: Doing the Tranferecia of a second hand car

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:43 pm

john the baptist wrote:especially for the hacienda
Hacienda? A transfer is done at trafico, nothing to do with hacienda ?
Alhaurin el Grande since ´99, working at the airport since 2011.

john the baptist
Resident
Posts: 483
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:48 am

Re: Doing the Tranferecia of a second hand car

Postby john the baptist » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:39 am

spanish_lad wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:43 pm
john the baptist wrote:especially for the hacienda
Hacienda? A transfer is done at trafico, nothing to do with hacienda ?
LOL nothing to do with Hacienda!!!! LOL

You have to pay a tax of the deemed value of asset which goes to the Junta de Andalucia and is paid at the tributaria (Hacienda). The transfer is then done at Traffico and the 55 euros tax is paid this tax is against the EU law of freedom to transfer vehicles without admin charge but Spain paid €10 million fine every year but receives €2 billion from the modelo 621 tax on property ie cars planes and private trains and railway lines.

you cant do the transfer at traffco without the modelo 621 being paid. so yes hacienda has a lot to do with vehicle transfer, thanks anyway for your advice but check the procedure and embrace the info.

User avatar
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 6021
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99

Re: Doing the Tranferecia of a second hand car

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:10 am

john the baptist wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:39 am
spanish_lad wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:43 pm
john the baptist wrote:especially for the hacienda
Hacienda? A transfer is done at trafico, nothing to do with hacienda ?
LOL nothing to do with Hacienda!!!! LOL

You have to pay a tax of the deemed value of asset which goes to the Junta de Andalucia and is paid at the tributaria (Hacienda). The transfer is then done at Traffico and the 55 euros tax is paid this tax is against the EU law of freedom to transfer vehicles without admin charge but Spain paid €10 million fine every year but receives €2 billion from the modelo 621 tax on property ie cars planes and private trains and railway lines.

you cant do the transfer at traffco without the modelo 621 being paid. so yes hacienda has a lot to do with vehicle transfer, thanks anyway for your advice but check the procedure and embrace the info.
when you transfer a car into your name you only need to go to traffico, it takes minutes, and you pay a fee for doing so, by card, over the counter, to traffico. You dont need to go anywhere else or do anything else. I have done it 3 times now.


If you are talking about importing a car, thats a whole different matter, and yes, you need to go to hacienda and pay a tax on the value / power output of the vehicle.
Alhaurin el Grande since ´99, working at the airport since 2011.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests