Leaving Spain

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
brightonion
Andalucia.com Amigo

Leaving Spain

Postby brightonion » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:39 pm

When you leave Spain permanently after being a resident what are the procedures that you have to undertake regarding your health and residency cards, also the padron?

dxf
Resident

Re: Leaving Spain

Postby dxf » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:58 pm

Hola,

Yes there are; I have a friend who passed the task to their solicitor so there was no come back. I don't know if Gestors offer this as a service but especially if a car is involved, then you need to ensure every "I" is dotted and every "T" crossed

Davexf

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Leaving Spain

Postby elusive » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:01 am

Yes a gestor can do it. If you want to keep your residency incase you want to come back within 5 years (presuming you are a permanant resident then fill in the 030 form to declare yourself a non tax resident. .otherwise its similar to becoming a res. You do it the other way around to declare yourself a non res. Sign off the padron. Do you need to do anything ,Re health? As signing off as a resident i presume would take you off healthcare?

I know people who had the taxman coming after them over 4 years after they left spain because they never signed off. So ifs important to do