Electricity supply

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Electricity supply

Postby LifeofBrian » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:40 pm

casita-bonita,

Hi Bob, spoke to the lady who was trying extremely hard to put us onto Gana too. I was still not convinced and decided to go with Endesa. I told her that I would check my next bill and if I was not satisfied I would call sicompare again to see what they could do. I will let you know how it goes.

Take care.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:06 pm

LifeofBrian wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:40 pm casita-bonita,

Hi Bob, spoke to the lady who was trying extremely hard to put us onto Gana too. I was still not convinced and decided to go with Endesa. I told her that I would check my next bill and if I was not satisfied I would call sicompare again to see what they could do. I will let you know how it goes.

Take care.
Best you can do these days, shop around for the best deal, it's easy enough to switch. I missed out on Endesa's Unica tarrif at 75e per month at the start of this year. It's rather higher now.

My last gana bill was 90e, which isn't too bad these days.ext one is due soon should be interesting.
Regards

Bob

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:24 pm

LifeofBrian wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:40 pm casita-bonita,

Take care.
Interesting! I did a complicated spreadsheet myself to check Endesa's Solar Simply tariff (we have 16 solar panels) and it appeared to be giving substantial savings compared to Energy Nordic. This was after Energy Nordic admitted they had undercharged me and I could consider it a gift lol. Basically, they were giving me as much back for surplus as they were charging for consumption. Not only that, but they were subtracting meter readings incorrectly showing lower consumption that actual ( not a huge difference but inexplicable). I thought my spreadsheet had gone wrong lol. I did explain all this and they're investigating.

Anyway, I had previously contacted SiCompare months ago,who told me they had checked 300 companies (are there really that many) and Gana Energia offered the most savings. I contacted them again as I had info re the Endesa tariff and sent a copy of my last Energy Nordic bill and surprise, surprise Rebecca told me Gana had come out top again with a saving of €9 (bill from Nordic was €86). I specifically asked had she checked Endesa as my calculations showed a saving of €40 and when I contacted Endesa they more or less confirmed my calculations.
I have now contracted with Endesa and am more than a little suspicion of SiCompare.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:28 pm

Fyfin, I get the impression that sicompare can't /won't switch you to Endesa. My guess and I may well be wrong here is that they wouldn't get commission for bringing them new customers, or Endesa won't work with 3rd party companies like sicompare.
Regards

Bob

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:03 pm

casita-bonita wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:28 pm Fyfin, I get the impression that sicompare can't /won't switch you to Endesa. My guess and I may well be wrong here is that they wouldn't get commission for bringing them new customers, or Endesa won't work with 3rd party companies like sicompare.
You could be right. Rebecca told me she did check Endesa but unless my calculations are badly out, then she didn't.

I'll wait with interest for my first invoice. lol
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:28 pm

Hi casita-bonita and fyfin,

Couldn't agree more!! In the end after speaking with Sicompare at length (Sicompare also recommended Gana to me too) I did my own thing and switched to Endesa. My first bill arrived recently and I was very pleased. It showed a very significant reduction. Sicompare did not want to recommend Endesa and I have no idea why not.

Hope the information is of use to you.

Take care all.

LifeofBrian