Electricity supply

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
phototext
Andalucia.com Amigo

Electricity supply

Postby phototext » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:54 pm

My contract with Energy nordic has come to an end and its gone from 9 - 24 cents a Kwhr to 29-35 cents a Kwhr. But the thing that really costs me in the contracted power. I am only at the house for 90 days (!) and the cameras router etc use 20 Kwhr a month but I'm still paying €50 a month when I'm not there. Can anybody recommend a better deal?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: Electricity supply

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:04 am

I checked my last bill from mid may until mid June and there had been 33kwh used, it was just over 19 euros, that was using 2 night lights and fridge freezer although BIL who attends to the place may have used some in the workshop..Prior to that, 2 outside night lights and nothing else running worked out at 11 euros. I'm with energiaXXI.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:30 am

Hi phototext,

You don't say what Potencia you're contracted for..........if above 3.3Kw can you change that to reduce Standing charge :?:

We are with CHC energia
We currently pay ....... potencia 3,3Kw 17.26€ (over two months billing period )

On consumed Kw..........
Some companies have options for three tarifs during the 24hr period, the 0-0800 is very good ( well compared to the peak rate) you just have to adjust your life style...... :!:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:55 am

We are with EnergiaXXI and our potencia is 4.4kw. Our basic charge for the potencia contratada (before taxes added) is 10,63€ pm. As Enrique suggests, look at the power level you are contracted for as the higher it is the more you'll pay. (Our last bill we used 172Kwh and the total bill was 64€. We don't have any special deals like some people do, with 2 free hours a day for example, and the company bills for 3 periods a day, cheap, flat and peak rates. We've had fans on all night long and have used aircon during the peak rate as well during that billing period.)

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:33 am

Hi phototext.

There is a Thread regarding electric suppliers..........

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=41317&p=421043&hil ... ia#p421043

Cádiz :: CHC energia customer area is now showing Bills

phototext
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby phototext » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:38 pm

My potencia is high I assumed that it was set to suit the property but I am sure it’s more than I need. How do I work out what I need? Just the two of us but we do cook every day and run the ac for heat.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:52 am

Hi phototext

"My potencia is high "...............so what is it ? ..........lets have the facts

"How do I work out what I need?".............look at previous Bills and see what you used during your 90 daye on site.
Get info on your Electical items from the product labels.

You get by with a low potencia by not running all your electrical items at the same time.... :D
To save .........batch cook so not cooking every day

You haven't done any home work since last posting even when Members have suggested companies to look at........... :(

EnergiaXXI
CHC Energía currently (May 2022)............ 0,344854 €/kWh , potencia 3.3kW = 17,26 € per two months + IVA 10%

https://electricityinspain.com/electric ... -in-spain/

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:53 am

Add up the wattage of each appliance/ light that you are likely to use at the same time, divide by 1000, and that will give you your required potencia in KW.
Cheers
Gerry
Last edited by gerryh on Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gerry Harris

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:29 am

Enrique wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:33 am Hi phototext.

There is a Thread regarding electric suppliers..........

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=41317&p=421043&hil ... ia#p421043

Cádiz :: CHC energia customer area is now showing Bills
Enrique,
Thanks for update..

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:52 am

Hi Cádiz,
CHC energia...........
When looking at the Bills it shows P1 P2 P3 usage but just charges a a flat rate of 0,344854 €/kWh............ :(

How does your compare :?:

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:10 am

Many suppliers are now offering much lower prices than they were even 3 months ago, since the Government's new "plan iberico" to detach the wholesale price of electricity from that of gas, came into force. I have changed my tariff with Iberdrola back to their Plan Estable whereby I pay the same for electricity no matter what time of day I use it and the rate per kwh is €0.15831 - less than half what CHC Energia seem to be charging. When I switched supplier to Iberdrola in April on the Elige 8 Horas plan I was paying €0.19 per kwh for the "cheap rate" 8 hours and €0.30 per kwh for the rest. The charges for my potencia of 5.75 kw come to around €17 per month (it varies very slightly according to how many days they bill for),

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:41 am

Hi Free at Last,
Thanks for that info............

Six weeks ago I spoke to a Project Manager (solar) who was with Iberdrola and he was amazed CHC energia was charging a lot more.

Something to look into on the next visit for us.............. :idea:

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:12 pm

Seems a huge variation in cost per unit. We have the smart meter which has 3 charging periods P1, P2 and P3, I can't remember offhand exactly what they are but I was amazed at the differences between suppliers and can't see how it is possible as Endesa are the distributor and they must supply the rest. Our rates from Energy Nordic are P1 0.3611 P2 0.3433 and P3 0.3142 but someone has just sent me a photo of their bill admittedly from 4 months ago and P1 is 0.2129 P2 is 0.1587 and P3 is 0.1220 , a huge difference. I'm going to contact them and see what they offer me but I just can't see how it can be so different.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:16 am

Enrique wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:52 am Hi Cádiz,
CHC energia...........
When looking at the Bills it shows P1 P2 P3 usage but just charges a a flat rate of 0,344854 €/kWh............ :(

How does your compare :?:
That's not great but I think they're all going up. I published mine from Energy Nordic and there's not much variation between P1, 2 and 3. I just looked at a bill for the apartment we rent out and I couldn't believe Endesa only charge a flat rate of €0.12 per kWhr. I think there must be a low rate for low users, I seem to remember seeing that somewhere.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

phototext
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby phototext » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:08 am

The rates change at the end of your contract which is usually annual. Energy Nordic now charge wholesale price plus €6 a month for their fee on a rolling basis. What I don’t get is how there are still three rates p1,2,3 with wholesale rates. The whole rate yesterday was about 16 c so I’ll be interested to see what my July bill shows.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:50 am

phototext wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:08 am The rates change at the end of your contract which is usually annual. Energy Nordic now charge wholesale price plus €6 a month for their fee on a rolling basis. What I don’t get is how there are still three rates p1,2,3 with wholesale rates. The whole rate yesterday was about 16 c so I’ll be interested to see what my July bill shows.
Good point and their rates for us are really high.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:48 pm

Well, looking at prices being charged by Endesa I've contacted them and waiting for a reply.
I got an interesting and I suppose honest response from Energy Nordic "Thank you for your email.
Yes, unfortunately we are not competitive at the moment. We are working on new products which we hope to be able to launch soon."

ebyard
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ebyard » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:47 pm

Is anyone else here having problems with Endesa (or anyone else for that matter) getting data from smart meters? I keep being told that "There is a general problem and we are working to fix it" - this has been over a month now.

Thanks!

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:06 pm

Definitely. They haven't sent readings yo Energy Nordic so we're waiting for a bill to end of July.
Today they've cut a friend off because they said she has a new provider. She hasn't. Never even looked at any. There's some problems for sure.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:02 pm

I got my latest bill this morning from Iberdrola, we have a smart meter and the consumption shown looks right. I've been able to see my consumption on their app anyway.