Banks

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Re: Banks

Postby firsttango » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:20 pm

When at our place in the Cotswolds this is one of our locals.......take a look at the Menus for food and drink and you'll get a good idea of the crazy prices now in U.K. I always feel like I've been "raped and pillaged" after a visit :crazy:

https://www.crownampneybrook.co.uk/food-and-drink/

On they "Outdoor Dining Menu" they have the following. The price always makes me chuckle

Sharing Aged British Beef Tomahawk Steak (gf) 115.95
Bone Marrow & Canadian Maple Butter
Last edited by firsttango on Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:23 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:09 am Yes Wicksey we are lucky...free tapas are a way of life here, if people are served their drinks and the tapas are taking ages to come out the Spanish soon let them know but not in a bad way :lol: :lol: Another thing is if you become a local to certain bars it's often a drink on the house.. Nice people in this area...Or as the locals would say muy buena gente..
A lot in Marbella gave a drink on the house when you settle the bill and some give tapas. But most are expensive restaurants.

Just asking, does anywhere in Spain sell Expresso martini? it's a cocktail Grandson and friends just got back from Mojacar Almeria and they said no one sells it.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:39 pm

katy wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:23 pm
Pamela1 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:09 am Yes Wicksey we are lucky...free tapas are a way of life here, if people are served their drinks and the tapas are taking ages to come out the Spanish soon let them know but not in a bad way :lol: :lol: Another thing is if you become a local to certain bars it's often a drink on the house.. Nice people in this area...Or as the locals would say muy buena gente..
A lot in Marbella gave a drink on the house when you settle the bill and some give tapas. But most are expensive restaurants.

Just asking, does anywhere in Spain sell Expresso martini? it's a cocktail Grandson and friends just got back from Mojacar Almeria and they said no one sells it.
They did have it in "Mozambique" in Benalmadena port but that was 4 years ago !

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:12 pm

Most places in Caribbean have it. Very popular here in Sussex. Cost about £9. Ordered 2 at Royal Horseguards London £32 Ouch.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:19 pm

firsttango wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:20 pm When at our place in the Cotswolds this is one of our locals.......take a look at the Menus for food and drink and you'll get a good idea of the crazy prices now in U.K. I always feel like I've been "raped and pillaged" after a visit :crazy:

https://www.crownampneybrook.co.uk/food-and-drink/

On they "Outdoor Dining Menu" they have the following. The price always makes me chuckle

Sharing Aged British Beef Tomahawk Steak (gf) 115.95
Bone Marrow & Canadian Maple Butter
Nice menu though. :D We spent 3 nights in Broadway and I thought all the area expensive.
Sid will be telling us of soon haha

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:26 pm

Yep, gone from Banks to anything else but...conversations often wander but it keeps the forum alive! :lol:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:24 pm

I forgot, we also get a free drink at the end of our menu del dia too ..... to get back on subject, we always usually use contactless to pay but last time their internet was down and so we had to pay cash ..... luckily we did have some, but I'm sure they would have trusted us to go to the ATM and return to pay the bill.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:10 am

Just for info
Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 11.01.35.png