Beach Showers

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Beach Showers

Postby costakid » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:01 pm

So from August the 1st Rincon have turned off the beach showers, Ok i get that but why are they still using sprinklers to water the grass. We were at Chilches beach today and then went to Benajarafe for a coffee and all the sprinklers were on. I washed by shoes off in the sprinkler along with everyone else who was walking off the beach.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Re: Beach Showers

Postby gavilan » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:43 pm

it's just the sort of illogical thing that is happening all the time! ..like they used pressure washers to clean the tiny adult education centre in our hamlet recently ... the centre hasnt been used since covid began nor has there been a fiesta ... so why waste water washing an empty building!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:16 pm

costakid wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:01 pm So from August the 1st Rincon have turned off the beach showers, Ok i get that but why are they still using sprinklers to water the grass. We were at Chilches beach today and then went to Benajarafe for a coffee and all the sprinklers were on. I washed by shoes off in the sprinkler along with everyone else who was walking off the beach.
Cilches and Benajarafe are both in Velez Malaga municipality and not Rincon de la Victoria municiplaity. :think:
Perhaps Velez Malaga municipality doesn't have a water problem? :think:
Agreed totaly illogical.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:26 pm

gerryh wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:16 pm
costakid wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:01 pm So from August the 1st Rincon have turned off the beach showers, Ok i get that but why are they still using sprinklers to water the grass. We were at Chilches beach today and then went to Benajarafe for a coffee and all the sprinklers were on. I washed by shoes off in the sprinkler along with everyone else who was walking off the beach.
Cilches and Benajarafe are both in Velez Malaga municipality and not Rincon de la Victoria municiplaity. :think:
Agreed totaly illogical.
Cheers
Gerry
Velez-Malaga are doing the same thing with the beach showers, although reports say the foot washes will still be in operation.

https://www.axarquiaplus.es/velez-malag ... de-agosto/

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:14 pm

gerryh wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:16 pm
Agreed totaly illogical.
Cheers
Gerry
I am in Rincon area. Was in Chilches and Benajarafe today and all beach showers are off in both municipality. Velez does have a massive water problem

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:28 pm

I think you will find the reason to be that grass sprinklers use "grey" water and for hygiene reasons , beach showers use clean water.
Hardworking resident !!