Can anyone explain this Endesa offer

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fyfin
Resident

Can anyone explain this Endesa offer

Postby fyfin » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:37 pm

I've been referred to this offer by Endesa but I'm reluctant to take up an offer I don't understand. They also won't say what rate they will credit unused electricity as we have solar panels and excess usage goes back to the grid.
But ignoring that I just don't understand the 3 rates mentioned. It's not P1, 2 and 3. It seems some refer to price per kw/year bases on peak or off peak and then there's one called energy term which seems to the price you pay for energy used but it's a low figure compared to what we pay Energy Nordic. It seems to be €0.176280 per kw/hr. We pay over €0.36 at peak time to Energy Nordic
I don't get the kw/year rate.
Here's the link https://www.endesa.com/en/catalog/light ... pest-price
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Can anyone explain this Endesa offer

Postby jhonie99 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:28 am

easy peasy.....

peak hour term and offpeask term refer to the potencia contracted. This is disctinct from P1 P2 and P3 which refer to the electricity consumed.

potencia is charged based on 2 time periods.......peak is 0800 to 0000 mon to fri; offpeak is 0000 to 0800 mon to fri and weekends, hols.
multiply the numbers they gave by your potencia to get yearly charges for the potencia contracted. Divide by 12 to get monthly charge.

energy consumed is charged at 17c, irrespective of anything else.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:11 am

Thank you. So that's a really good deal then considering we're paying 0.36 euro with Energy Nordic. Potencia is only 5.5kw
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:47 am

Finally heard back from Endesa. Now that we have solar panels the new offer is much worse. In fact we'd be better off getting no compensation for the energy going back and taking the offer I linked to than the new offer with 6 cents compensation for surplus energy. Oh well, I'll wait for SI Compare to tell me what is best.
Just in case anyone is interested here is the new offer. https://www.endesa.com/en/catalog/light ... consumo-en