Is there a new charge on electricity bills? (RDL tax)

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fyfin
Resident

Is there a new charge on electricity bills? (RDL tax)

Postby fyfin » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:56 am

I have been advised by a comparison company to wait until I get my next bill before doing comparison as it will include a new tax. But as usual Endesa are not sending readings to my current provide Energy Nordic. They did that a while back with our apartment, no readings for 3 months so I couldn't give an accurate figure to our tenants. It forced me to change back to Endesa and miraculously bills were as regular as clockwork then.
I can't help thinking they're doing the same thing with our villa now and I'm tempted to just change back to Endesa here as well.
Because we have solar panels it seems Endesa only offer one tariff that is suitable i.e. where they credit you with electricity produced but not used, only 6c per kWhr though. I have been playing around with spreadsheets and it could be cheaper to ignore excess energy produced and go for a lower rate. But, I digress, I was speaking to someone this morning who says his recent bill had an addition €88 added this month but I'm not sure he understood so if anyone else has had a recent bill, maybe they could say if this RDL tax made a huge difference.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Free at Last
Resident

Re: Is there a new charge on electricity bills? (RDL tax)

Postby Free at Last » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:12 am

It is charged per kwh of electricity consumed, so the more electricity someone uses, the higher the amount of this new charge they will pay. It should only be charged to consumers who signed a new free market contract, or renewed one, after 26 April 2022. Strictly speaking it's not a tax in that it doesn't go to the Government, it is to compensate the energy companies for the difference between the cap the Government has imposed on gas, and what the energy companies have to pay in the wholesale market.

https://www.elespanol.com/eldigitalcast ... 68_12.html

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:25 am

Thank you, that explains it. I suppose with our solar panels therefore less consumption it will not have as great an impact but I can see now why my neighbour I was speaking to may have notices a large increase in his bill. He is a fairly large user as his bills are usually around €200 (as indeed ours would have been before) - pool, aircon, all electric cooking etc.
Maybe I will wait before jumping in with Endesa and let someone else do the calculations. The only thing is that there will be a lot less solar energy generated during winter months so that has to be factored in.
At lewast now I know how it works.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:15 pm

Hi,
CHC energia has changed what they charge per Unit from 1-Jul-22..........downward ..0.33 to 0.27 so we shall see how that stacks up.
Standing charge staying the same.

FYI.....
CHC client area you will need to redo your Password when login screen pops up.............
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:09 am

More information from FACUA about how much the new charge can add to bills of consumers who are not on the regulated tariff. This predates the price reduction by CHC Energia you have learned of, Enrique.

https://www.infolibre.es/economia/facua ... 68200.html

The reforms introduced in June 2021 led to customers on the regulated tariff experiencing big price rises. Now they appear to have shifted the burden onto those in the free market - but either way it's the consumers who pay, the problem has not been solved. Rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.