Are your shopping habits changing?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Are your shopping habits changing?

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:25 pm

I'm pretty sure our Lidl has had beetroot as we do buy it a fairly regularly. Perhaps they just don't stock things they don't sell much of.
I know the Mercadona merluza you mention, it oven bakes well which is unusual here.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:25 pm

Wicksey,
Yes, amazing how smell and tastes stay with us, sometimes even the mention of a long forgotten food or product can send us floating away on a time travel cloud.
Recently an elderly visitor to our museum suddenly burst out with floods of tears, blimey I thought , what have I done ?
I started to apologise for upsetting her with some of my displays, but she assured me that her tears were of happiness at recalling her Grandparents home, so many of our exhibits had brought back pleasant memories of her childhood.

Supersue,
I've also noticed many lines have disappeared from the shelves in Loja, even my favourite Black tea and Earl Grey from Mercadonna, and Lidl I've always found that it's a question of buy it when you see it, they change all of the time, but I enjoy waiting for their themed country weeks, like Wicksey.
Saludos,
Gordon..

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:23 pm

Wicksey wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:59 am I remember bread and dripping on white bread too Gordon. There used to be white fat on the top and if you dug down in the cup it used to be kept in, there was tasty brown jelly in the bottom. I can still remember that taste, although I don't think I could eat it now.

When we first came here in the 1990s there was only one supermarket on the coast that I can remember and it was mainly tins of fish and rotting veg covered in fruit flies. The cold meat and cheese counter was joined to the raw meat counter, and the bloke serving often had a fag hanging out of his mouth, in the days when everyone used to smoke everywhere. He used to only wipe his hands on an old cloth after handling the raw chicken before then slicing the cooked meat or cheese. Oh so glad when decent supermarkets arrived on this part of the coast!
I remember visiting when Daughter was young and too breakfast cereals with us as there was none sold on CDS.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:24 pm

Used to but Chablis at Lidl when on offer,
and I would put away 6 bottles for a rainy day ( we have not has many of those this year )

Have not seen it on offer in the past year, and the price has now gone to £13 odd.

anyroads