Rental websites

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Rental websites

Postby katy » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:41 pm

Have a friend whose Husband died earlier this year. Wanting to rent for a couple of months from Jan. She has been looking at google brought up mainly booking.com and the ones she showed me looked very expensive. Anyone know any private rental sites?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Rental websites

Postby katy » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:31 pm

Just too claify she is looking for somewhere around CDS maybe La Cala area.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:10 pm

Which La Cala? La Cala del Moral? What sort of prices is she being quoted? Airbnb have a variety of places in and around Rincon from 1000€pm upwards, a lot are priced around 12-1300€ pm.

Supersue
Tourist

Postby Supersue » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:42 pm

worldhouses.net is a really good site with a good range of prices.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:25 pm

Wicksey wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:10 pm Which La Cala? La Cala del Moral? What sort of prices is she being quoted? Airbnb have a variety of places in and around Rincon from 1000€pm upwards, a lot are priced around 12-1300€ pm.
La Cala CDS near Fuengirola. She would like to be amongst a British community. Being alone a studio would be fine but asking around £1750 per month seems a bit high?

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:59 pm

They're all trying it on now, I have recently had a similar experience looking for a friend of mine who wants to spend 2/3 months in Las Palmas at the beginning of 2023. He does have access to internet and he's computer savvy so is doing a lot of his own research but as I am very familiar with Las Palmas he asked me to look around. Posted a general enquiry with mil anuncios looking for s small flat for around 700 per month. I was inundated with online offers for booking.com, several smaller companies contacted me telling me in no uncertain terms that I was living in a dream world and there was no chance of getting anything for that price, well, bingo, one woman who phoned me up told me that she had somewhere available for the requested time scale. I sent her email and phone number to my mate and he has a deal for a 37 sq metre studio very close to the beach and in a good area, the cost 590 euros per month + electricity. My secret weapon is my old friend and best man at my wedding who also lives in Las Palmas so I sent him off to her office to check she was legit, it turns out that we both know her (a bit) and the deal is definitely kosher !

Most of the stuff on Booking .com is way overpriced and many of them stand empty for months, personally I would always persevere and try to get my own deal !

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:03 pm

katy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:41 pm Have a friend whose Husband died earlier this year. Wanting to rent for a couple of months from Jan. She has been looking at google brought up mainly booking.com and the ones she showed me looked very expensive. Anyone know any private rental sites?
Mil anuncios !!

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:18 pm

katy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:41 pm Have a friend whose Husband died earlier this year. Wanting to rent for a couple of months from Jan. She has been looking at google brought up mainly booking.com and the ones she showed me looked very expensive. Anyone know any private rental sites?

Hi Katy, i tried to pm you but I can't figure out a way to do it, anyway, I have been in touch (10 mins ago) with a Finnish friend of mine who stays in La Cala de Mijas from October to Jan every year and he has a very good relationship with a letting agent there, he will be sending me contact details within a couple of days so I will pass them on to you. La Cala is an excellent place if you want peace and quiet with easy access to Fuengirola, Benalmadena, Malaga and Marbella !

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:27 pm

Hi Manchersteral,
I've sent you a PM on Howto send a PM...............
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:34 pm

Enrique wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:27 pm Hi Manchersteral,
I've sent you a PM on Howto send a PM...............
Thanks Enrique for taking the trouble but I have figured it out, thanks again !

I posted to Katy around 15/20 mins ago and I have already received the info and passed it on, cheers Alan !

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:36 pm

katy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:25 pm
Wicksey wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:10 pm Which La Cala? La Cala del Moral? What sort of prices is she being quoted? Airbnb have a variety of places in and around Rincon from 1000€pm upwards, a lot are priced around 12-1300€ pm.
La Cala CDS near Fuengirola. She would like to be amongst a British community. Being alone a studio would be fine but asking around £1750 per month seems a bit high?

Hi katy I have sent you the details by pm, good luck to your friend :thumbup: !

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:44 pm

Hi Katy, I have p m'd you with relevant details good luck to your friend !

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:51 pm

Manchesteral wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:18 pm

Hi Katy, i tried to pm you but I can't figure out a way to do it, anyway, I have been in touch (10 mins ago) with a Finnish friend of mine who stays in La Cala de Mijas from October to Jan every year and he has a very good relationship with a letting agent there, he will be sending me contact details within a couple of days so I will pass them on to you. La Cala is an excellent place if you want peace and quiet with easy access to Fuengirola, Benalmadena, Malaga and Marbella !
Thanks that would be great. Think she really needs a few moths break.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:57 pm

Got details thanks. :thumbup: