Solar panels paying off big time

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fyfin
Resident

Solar panels paying off big time

Postby fyfin » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:11 pm

July bill €37 and Aug €33. Last year €184 and €243 so big savings.
Highly recommend anyone considering it to go ahead. Initial investment was €7,000 and I get pay back for surplus energy. I'm surprised how much I'm getting paid by our provider P1 and 2 I'm getting 28 cents per kwh and P3 32 cents per kwh.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Solar panels paying off big time

Postby Enrique » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:20 am

Hi fyfin,
I'm very interested ............

What is your spec on the Solar.......

number of panels
PV Capacity
do you have a Battery

"I'm surprised how much I'm getting paid by our provider"...........I'm more than surprised........ in UK it's 5.57pence :!:

The $64,000 Question..........

Who is your supplier and is this deal still available......... :?:

Thanks
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:25 am

Enrique, I'm not terribly technical but basically I started off with 12 panels which are on 2 areas of sloped roofing leading off an upstairs small terrace so easily accessible for cleaning the dust off (whether it's necessary or not lol). They face SW and SE so get the sun at different times. The cost was €7,000 and it seemed to work so well that I bought 4 more for €1,200. This is a fitted price, all paperwork done to legalise it with the relevant authorities and install inverter etc and confirm with the distributor (Endesa). The company who installed was Ecocorp https://www.ecocorpshop.com/ . The branch I used was in Antas in Almeria as we are in Turre, Almeria.
The system is a 5kw single phase grid inverter, each panel is 450 watt with 25 year guarantee (made in Spain) Linked via wifi so we have an app and can see energy used and energy fed back to grid. No batteries involved, although I believe they can be.
I was told by Ecocorp that as Endesa (the distributor) are responsible for funding energy going back to the grid, then providers would be paying the same per kWh around 7 cents, so I was surprised to be getting well in excess of that. Endesa, themselves, sent me a quote and indeed quoted the 7 cents. We're with Energy Nordic but apparently when someone else contacted them, they didn't quote the same rate that we are getting. I was worried that they have made an error so emailed them to ask if they were sure it was right and got a reply to say, yes, all correct. No further argument from me lol.
It might be interesting if you contacted Energy Nordic just to see what they tell you their current surplus energy feed back price would be if you have solar panels. The product / contract I am on is FLEX if that helps. I can't believe I am getting a special deal!
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:43 am

Hi fyfin,
Many thanks for your prompt reply.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:05 pm

Let me know if you get any info as I'm curious. They don't quote rates on their website.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:43 pm

Hi fyfin,

Having spent two days finally had a chat with CHC energia......... also set up a meeting with a Solar company.

Looks like we have a few hurdles to cross before I'll be enquiring about rate for exported Kwh................ :(

Do you have an App on your phone that gives info on what is going on with the system :?: ....GROWATT seems to be the popular one.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:12 pm

The app is Fusion solar i think it's linked to Huawei

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:55 pm

Our app is called watchpower. It is quite addictive. Not enough power till 10 am for heavy appliances. Then later in the day you have to make sure the batteries are full to get you through the night.

We had sixteen panels - notionally 7.5 kw but seem to produce about 6 on a good day. We are lucky enough to have land to erect a frame. I wish the frame had a turntable so you could track the sun. I think we need at least one more battery.

Good seeing a reduction in electric bills. Good to be helping out a little Our local installer is applying for the EU fund grant and also the two year IBI reduction this week. We will see. It will reduce the payback.

The installer just cannot keep up with demand but he is also installing panels and pumps for irrigation from bore holes which keep on proliferating.

The invertors make some noise ( fans to disperse heat) so you need to give some thought to where to site it and the various cuadros for fuses

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:43 am

i installed this kit : https://www.rebacas.com/kit-solar-con-b ... 48kwh.html last year. it was a grand cheaper tho !!

Its only 2 x 2.4kwh pylontech lithium batteries, and 4 x 455w panels.

Works for us 2, gas water, gas cooker. We still use everything we used to, microwave, coffee machine, fridge, telly, lighting etc.

We will be adding another battery - to tide us over when its cloudy in the winter.

If i were starting again, i´d have 3 or 4 batteries and a couple more panels, but we are living ok with what we have.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:04 am

I think there are grants available for installation of solar panels ... has anyone applied for such?

https://www.surinenglish.com/malaga/sol ... -ntvo.html

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:21 am

Yes, see my post above. It is one thing applying and another actually getting anything!

I believe the grants come from the EU recovery fund monies.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:55 pm

sorry olive I missed your comments re grants and IBI reduction ... when reading about all that on line, it looked complicated and time consuming ... daunting ...

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:32 pm

Re grants. I was told by our installer that it wasn't worth the hassle. I'm happy with the investment and they did all the work re paperwork etc.

robertinspain
Tourist

Postby robertinspain » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:08 pm

Has anyone who has Solar panels applied to Endesa to go onto the TempoSolar tariff? I have applied a few times because they have required additional information which is sent to Savillana and they have rejected it. They require a CIE certificate which I got from my installer and also a "Justificante de Inscripción en el Registro de Autoconsumo" which no one can tell me at Endesa what it is. My installer said they are too busy at the moment to give me this.
I have tried the help desk (in English) but they are actually no help. I was sent an email recently for TempoSolar but after progressing on the screens I hit a Next and the screen froze, there web site is very flaky.
Has anyone been through this process?

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:32 pm

I didn't think it was a very good deal considering they only give you 7 cents for surplus energy so I never pursued it.

robertinspain
Tourist

Postby robertinspain » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:26 pm

Thanks for reply. Also they gave you 40% discount when Solar not on which with night air con would be a saving. Can't believe that no one out there has switched to TempoSolar with Endesa.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:41 pm

Well 33 euros for August this year compared to 243 euros last year. I'm not changing supplier now lol.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:59 pm

fyfin wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:41 pm Well 33 euros for August this year compared to 243 euros last year. I'm not changing supplier now lol.
Crazy how good solar is, and that more people are not doing it.

If I lived in the town I would look into it - I'm thinking of putting 20 panels on the roof of my parents house, and changing then to that tariff !
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:23 pm

I would be quite happy to be fully reliant on solar. Certainly the next house we buy I would consider that. It's a long term thing though and not worth the expense now as we do not plan to stay here for years and years more. As it is we've had to buy a water deposito which has been an unexpected cost of 2500€ so I don't want to spend any more here. I would be happy to be free of relying on the Endesa lines as our power is awful sometimes, the lights flick up and down like disco lights and we have to turn them off (we have complained several times but it doesn't seem to get us anywhere). Our neighbour's electric oven barely works sometimes and solar seems to be brilliant. It's sunny so much of the time we should all be making the most of the power of the sun, and for water heating too. In Greece every house seems to have a water solar panel on the roof but they are rare here.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:27 pm

We're counting on payback in less than 5 years. No batteries though. Just feeding back to the grid