Advice appreciated

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Sandramay
Resident

Advice appreciated

Postby Sandramay » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:34 pm

Hi, not too sure if I can post this. After 20+ years of A) belonging on here and B) owning a cortijo near La Herradura, Costa Tropical, age and ill health is sadly making me consider selling. It is my holiday home as I reside in the UK.
Recommendations and advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.
Sandramay

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Advice appreciated

Postby Enrique » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:08 pm

Hi Sandramay,

Have a read of D.A's house selling............as a starter.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=39675
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:45 am

Sandramay wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:34 pm Hi, not too sure if I can post this. After 20+ years of A) belonging on here and B) owning a cortijo near La Herradura, Costa Tropical, age and ill health is sadly making me consider selling. It is my holiday home as I reside in the UK.
a cortijo / finca is lovely... until it becomes hard work to look after.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:10 am

spanish_lad wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:45 am
Sandramay wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:34 pm Hi, not too sure if I can post this. After 20+ years of A) belonging on here and B) owning a cortijo near La Herradura, Costa Tropical, age and ill health is sadly making me consider selling. It is my holiday home as I reside in the UK.
a cortijo / finca is lovely... until it becomes hard work to look after.
I think the OP indicated thats the reason for selling

Sandramay
Resident

Postby Sandramay » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:10 pm

Thank you for the replies and reading DA's house selling was very informative :)
Considering selling is not an easy decision. I could just leave the cortijo to the family, they do love it, enjoy holidays there, but it was my dream, not theirs. One daughter and my grandsons already live in Sitges near Barcelona, so they don't need a holiday home in the sun. Another factor is my lovely Spanish neighbour, whom I paid to look after the productive land, has retired and I would hate to see all the fruit trees suffer from neglect.
So this is the beginning of what I think might be a long road. I'm going out next month for three weeks so perhaps can start the ball rolling.
Any more advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards.
Sandramay

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:12 am

This is possibly not allowed but this company comes highly recommended by a friend of ours. We have our house on the market but not with them, unfortunately - they turned us down, so I don't have a personal interest, just trying to help. My friend had her house on the market for 4 years, with various agents, she eventually went with this company and they were very attentive and proactive, found her a buyer and guided her through the sale. Their website also contains lots of information about the legalities of buying and selling etc.

https://www.andaluciavastgoed.com/en/?f ... I4ty1sUnUM

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:49 pm

costakid wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:10 amI think the OP indicated thats the reason for selling
Sorry, I guess I was pointing out the obvious. I've just spent a day off cutting down a fig tree, now I have more work getting rid of all the waste.

The list of jobs is never ending.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:30 pm

spanish_lad wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:49 pm
costakid wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:10 amI think the OP indicated thats the reason for selling
Sorry, I guess I was pointing out the obvious. I've just spent a day off cutting down a fig tree, now I have more work getting rid of all the waste.

The list of jobs is never ending.
That’s why as we get older we are happy to be in a descent size flat on the coast. I have enough to do when in the UK.