UK passport renewal

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Parilla
Resident

UK passport renewal

Postby Parilla » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:47 am

I've just searched and found previous posts on this topic, but the latest one was December last year, and I'm really trying to find out the current waiting times. I wondered if anyone had more recent experience of any of the ways of renewing from Spain or revisiting the UK to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Parilla

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: UK passport renewal

Postby costakid » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:40 am

Parilla wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:47 am I've just searched and found previous posts on this topic, but the latest one was December last year, and I'm really trying to find out the current waiting times. I wondered if anyone had more recent experience of any of the ways of renewing from Spain or revisiting the UK to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Parilla
Wife booked online on Monday and made an appointment at Peterborough office for the Saturday. £171 collected last Saturday, was in the office under a minute.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:30 am

Thanks Costa. Quick question if I can ask re the "coded" digital photo that's needed for the renewal application. Was your wife able to get that done here in Spain, or in the UK ? If Spain where did she get it done ?

Thanks, Parilla

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:06 pm

Parilla wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:30 am Thanks Costa. Quick question if I can ask re the "coded" digital photo that's needed for the renewal application. Was your wife able to get that done here in Spain, or in the UK ? If Spain where did she get it done ?

Thanks, Parilla
She had it done in the uk. The company then load it onto the system for verification. Apperentley a painless exercise apart from the £171.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:57 pm

Thanks Costa. I think we'll follow in your wife's footprints and try to fix up a Peterborough trip for next month. I know it's an expensive way to do the renewal but I have absolutely zero faith in any mail service at present and the possibility of being left with missing passports doesn't bear thinkung about.

Parilla

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:51 pm

Parilla wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:57 pm Thanks Costa. I think we'll follow in your wife's footprints and try to fix up a Peterborough trip for next month. I know it's an expensive way to do the renewal but I have absolutely zero faith in any mail service at present and the possibility of being left with missing passports doesn't bear thinkung about.

Parilla
And Royal mail are striking all the time

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:11 am

I received my new passport on Friday, three weeks and three days after UPS picked up my old one. All done online from Spain.
Brian.