package held at customs

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Evaready
Andalucia.com Amigo

package held at customs

Postby Evaready » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:05 am

I wonder if anyone can help me, please? I have a replacement mobile telephone sent to me by my employer in the UK which is stuck at customs and which I cannot seem to get released. I am happy to pay any fees die, but when I explained it was a mobile phone under contract they said that it was not a purchase and should be dealt with under another section. The trouble is, there is no remotely similar section other than mudanza por laborales, which was about as close as I could get. I have provided every bit of information I could think of and still nothing is moving, and I don't even seem to be able to contact them to ask what exactly I need to give them. It is infuriating and I have now been without a work mobile for over a week (it is with ADTPostales). Does anyone have any experience of this issue (in particular as regards a mobile phone) and how I can contact them (even the website doesn't have a telephone number, although I have now found one and will try telephoning today). Thanks in anticipation.

irismary
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: package held at customs

Postby irismary » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:56 am

ADT Postales are a nightmare to deal with. In spite of filling in all the proper forms to get parcels released from them in Madrid, and happy to pay IVA, import duty etc, the packages never materialised. One was sent back to sender, but two others disappeared without trace. I have in the past managed to get a parcel released after paying the correct taxes, but it took several attempts and phone calls to get it done. The moral here is to make sure that nothing comes from outside of the EU. Sorry, I don't have the number I called. Difficult in your case. Is there any other way your firm can get the mobile to you?

Evaready
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: package held at customs

Postby Evaready » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:39 pm

Thanks for that. It says it has now been liberated and in transit, but we shall have to see. Unbelievable!