depositing a cheque

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
morlandg
Resident

depositing a cheque

Postby morlandg » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:07 pm

We are selling a house in andalucia. The estate agent has arranged an appointment at the notary office. It was originally on 2nd december and we booked flights from newcastle to malaga for wed 30 november to wed 7th december. The buyer changed the notary date to 5th dec but we thought our flights would still cover this. Unfortunately we have realised that dec 6th is a national public holiday and that we have an early morning flight back on the 7th december. Our problem is - how do we deposit the cheque(s) into our spanish bank account? Do we have to do it in person or could our son do it for us on the 7th? I also note that dec 8th is another national public holiday so are the banks open on the 7th december?
Any suggestions?

dxf
Resident

Re: depositing a cheque

Postby dxf » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:13 pm

Hola,

I have just completed the sale of my house; originally I asked for a bank transfer which my etsate agent persuaded me against in favour or a banker's draft - somewhere along the line it got changed back to a bank transfer - the Notary would not sign the process off until they had received a PDF confirming the bank had sent the money.

You can change to a bank transfer quite easily and I have been told it can be changed at the Notary's on the day!

Davexf

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:36 am

I am sure you can pay cheques into your account at the hole in the wall 24 hours a day. I always pay cash in now using this system as the banks dont want you in branch for deposits.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:43 pm

I don't think they want you in the branch full stop !

anyroads