Register to vote in local elections - online

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
sampedrena
Resident

Register to vote in local elections - online

Postby sampedrena » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:47 pm

We have just received a form from the Censo Electoral about retaining our ability to vote in local elections. It says on the form that we can do this online - but I am finding it rather complicated. I have been to the site mentioned in the form https://sede.ine.gob.es but when I get there I'm finding it difficult to know which section to click on. I have looked in both Spanish and English - but can't really understand either! I tried clicking on what I thought was the place to re-register but it comes up with "Can't reach this page at this time" type of message. The only other alternative is to post the form back - which doesn't seem to be as safe! I'm sure that previously we have done this at the Town Hall. Does anyone know if this is still possible or have any other advice. Thank you in advance.

Superplonk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Register to vote in local elections - online

Postby Superplonk » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:26 am

I think it was down for maintenance at the weekend, but is back up today. I registered on the site last week and received a confirmation, although this morning the site says that I am not on the electoral roll. Here's hoping that this is just a question of it taking a few days to update the records.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:53 pm

Just done ours: don't look for anything to do with renewal, just click on registering - when you put your TIE in, and the code CTT printed on your letter your details should come up on continuing and you can check them, accept and print.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

sampedrena
Resident

Postby sampedrena » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:08 pm

Thank you very much for the help! Never thought of site being down for maintenance. I have now managed to do mine, using digital certificate - just have to do other half's now, so fingers crossed it's still up and running! Thanks again!
La vida es un espejo, si sonries ella te sonrie

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:02 pm

I saw this thread this afternoon and thought it's time I registered to vote here in the municipal elections. This evening there was a letter on the kitchen table inviting me to register to vote. I just had to sign and date it then and I will post it back tomorrow.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:38 pm

markwilding wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:02 pm I saw this thread this afternoon and thought it's time I registered to vote here in the municipal elections. This evening there was a letter on the kitchen table inviting me to register to vote. I just had to sign and date it then and I will post it back tomorrow.
Mark, it's less hassle to do it online and you can print out proof you've done it. It's really easy if you have the letter. There's a unique reference there -CTT, so all you need is your Nie number and that CTT reference in your letter. You'll see your details on screen when you log in with those details. This link should take you to the right part to enter details https://sede.ine.gob.es/manifestacionVo ... acionLogin?
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it