?anyone else having a problem with house flies?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gavilan
Andalucia Guru

?anyone else having a problem with house flies?

Postby gavilan » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:16 pm

they seem to hatch out during the night ... mornings mosr unpleasant ... til I have beaten numbers down with fly swat and lavender oil ... anyone else experiencing similar?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: ?anyone else having a problem with house flies?

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:56 pm

We always have a problems Gavilan. We don't get them in the house as we are fully netted but outside is just awful. When I hang my washing out they just descend and land all over it. It is particularly bad at the moment. We put it down to the warm weather after rain last month. The moment I drive into the driveway they get into the car and can never get them out. Three in there today and despite lots of flapping and window opening, they were still there when we got to Lidl!

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:38 pm

Wicksey ... maybe try wiping dashboard and upholstery etc with lavender oil ... flies really dont like the smell of that ...works in the house here, so might in your car...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:26 am

Anything is worth a try, thanks!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:22 pm

But I wouldn't do that, as its probably gonna discolour the dash ? (I valet cars every day.. )

How about a lavender oil smelly hanging from the mirror ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:53 pm

at least the temps are dropping ... so less flies!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:17 pm

Each year when i arrive back at the house in either Feb or Easter ( depending on when i go) i find a group of dead bees, or what i think are bees ( they look larger) in the same location near a door inside the house.It is baffling.
Last year was horrendous, the number of wasps nests was unbelievable,to the point where i had given up counting how many we encountered.. they were even nesting up inside the handrails and painting the outside of the property was a challenge, we were all stung at various times.All the aircon units on the outside walls had nests but of course they were short lived when the aircon was switched on.They were every where, even a bag of sharp sand, it just seemed that they had taken over and sitting around the pool wasn't always comfortable,i'm hoping there won't be as many this year but who knows.The neighbours kept saying it had been a very hot year and how the climate in Spain had changed, one said it wasn't normal.. It was the first year they were all supper worried about the level of water in the lake and were concerned about water cuts to their land, it had become a serious matter, i know they have had rain since but not near enough so far.