Do I need to make a tax return now I've bought a house ?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Do I need to make a tax return now I've bought a house ?

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:37 am

I've always been employed, and checking with hacienda they say 'you dont need to if you earn upto 22.000 and your income is only from one source'

But someone told me that I might have to make a declaration now that we have bought a house, is that right ?

Can I get anything back for things I've bought? Paint, guttering, chimney tubes etc?

Sorry for the dim question, I feel like I should already know the answer.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Re: Do I need to make a tax return now I've bought a house ?

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:23 pm

Anyone ?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:31 pm

I think you do have to declare this purchase in the following tax year. Same with any large purchase such as a car. Buying or selling. Maybe it's to do with the tax people wanting to know where the money is coming from or going to. etc. There's also the actual tax to be paid on the purchase and if you under-declare you can expect the tax people to come back later and hit you with a bigger bill.

Or something like that.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:16 pm

If nothing else, you must advise them of your new address. When you submit a tax declaration, you have the opportunity to give the details of the new property, including the Catastral number and ownership details(such as the % you own).

The details of the purchase will have been notified to the relevant people by the notary and registrar, so that isn't an issue. I think there are very few members of this forum who are in your position paid by PAYE and not needing to do an annual tax declaration. Maybe someone has been in your situation, but so far has not come forward.

Do you have contact with a friendly gestor who you could ask, or you could ask at the tax office.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:51 am

Before we bought our flat in England, my wife didn’t use to do a return. Hacienda had all the information they needed and would do it automatically, then send us their results, which would include details of any under payments or more likely, over payments. Compared to your previous year, as you have taken out a mortgage, you should get some extra tax relief. Dependant children also make a difference, something which has meant that for the last couple of years I have had to pay extra instead of getting a tax refund.

Whether or not, you will need to do one might depend on any extra income you might have or your yearly salary.

I would like to add that the main reason that I don’t respond is that my knowledge is limited to personal experience and the fact the tax system are different in different autonomous regions. My advice would be to talk to a gestor or ask one of your workmates in a similar situation if they do one.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:41 pm

Thankyou for the replies so far, it gives me things to think about