Direct Debit to Energia XXI

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
vinuela vinny
Resident

Direct Debit to Energia XXI

Postby vinuela vinny » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:12 am

Advice welcomed.....

For twenty years, we have paid our electricty charges to Energia XXI and their predecessors, by monthly Direct Debit, which leaves our Santander account within a week of receipt of the invoice

We have just realised that the February 2023 payment for €41.32 has not been taken, whereas the January and March 2023 payments have gone as usual, within a few days of the invoice. On our personal page on the Energia website, the February payment is noted as "Pago En Curso" which we understand is payment in progress, with a "Fecha de Pago" (last date for payment?) date of 5 April...... We are currently in the UK, and do not return to Spain due to the 90/180 day regulations, until 11 April, which makes this a tad more difficult to manage. Regrettably our Spanish is not up to a telephone conversation in Spanish with Energia......

The leccy is still working - we can monitor daily consumption (almost real time - a day or two delay) on the Energia website

Has anyone ever had a similar problem, and if so, how was it solved?

Any thoughts welcomed......

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Direct Debit to Energia XXI

Postby Enrique » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:48 am

Hi vinuela vinny,

"Has anyone ever had a similar problem, and if so, how was it solved"...........Patience

We are with another supplier.......... changed Tarifas last September, regular Monthly Bills stopped, yesterday Bills issued for 'missing' months, but still pending for payment.

Main thing ........... power is still on............... :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

malagaPG
Tourist

Postby malagaPG » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:04 pm

Hi, I am also with Energia XXI and my DD stopped even longer ago, haven't been cut off yet but this has reminded me I need to sort it out!

I reckon you should be OK until you get back..

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:21 pm

Mine is going out OK as usual. Perhaps its just certain banks

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:16 pm

I'm with the same electric company and mine are going out ok...I wonder if the problems lie with the banks,there is alot of news regarding the banking world at this moment in time..

pensure2010
Tourist

Postby pensure2010 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:01 pm

Good Evening

I had a problem getting my January Statement from EnergiaXX1 . My App on my phone was not woirking . I had to go into the Endesa Office in Estepona to sort it out. The Man at the counter printed me the January & February Bills out for me which had Bar codes on them and I paid them at La Caixa Bank. He said my March Bill will be sent to my Bank by DD as normal. Case resolved. It was a glitch in their computer system aopparent;ly.

David

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:20 am

We are in the same situation. January & March bills paid but Februarys is listed as Pago en curso. Before we retired my wife worked on Telephone & electricity billing systems and when we investigated the Energia XXI site and saw that ours was Pago en curso she said straight away that there had been a problem with their February billing run. They were probably running about like chickens with no heads on trying to fix it ! Anyway, it looks like they have because Marchs payment was taken OK. They will be doing an extra billing run to take in Februarys money. Ours is listed as being taken on 5th April as well. Its not the last date for payment, its the date they will take it. Hope this has put your mind at rest, dont worry, it will sort itself out when they do this extra billing run.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:23 pm

It's happening to a lot of companies. The government keeps changing all the discounts and special charges and it wreaks havoc with the billing software.

Sid

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:02 am

Hopefully problem solved.....

Using Google, we identified a 24/7 "English Line" and so rang 937 061 509 and pressed 2 for English - it hung and hung and hung forever, spewing awful metallic music and doubtless costing the proverbial arm and leg, morning, afternoon, evening, night, midweek, weekends, and for ever, but no-one ever picked-up.....

So Plan B - again using Google, we found a contact email of [email protected], and using Google Translate crafted a carefully constructed email outling the issue, which was immediately responded by an identification check (uploaded copy NIE). There was no further response, but two days later, the invoice on their website showed as paid, and the funds left our bank......

Our urging had worked? or co-incidence? or devine intervention? Who knows, but I tend to agree with biribiri's logical suggestion........

So hopefully problem solved.....

Thank you all for your helpful comments and ideas

Jonnymonny

Postby Jonnymonny » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:28 am

I want to change my direct debit to Wise. I have been trying to register my account but it rejects the last 5 digits of my IBAN, saying it is not correct (it is!). The help chat insists you are registered before starting a chat! Anybody had and solved this problem?