Air conditioning

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Air conditioning

Postby firsttango » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:48 am

Looking to get air con for our lounge of 35sq mtrs any recommendations for any particular manufacturer to look at? And anyone know what the current approx cost of installation is (outdoor unit will be on wall directly behind indoor unit)

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Air conditioning

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:04 am

We have had LG inverter units in Comares and now Murcia, been very happy with them.
Prices vary so do your research on line. Our first units were from MalagaClima in Torre del Mar and we got good advice and service from them.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:21 am

We have Fujitsu and are pleased with them. They have a very low setting which is quiet which we like as are sensitive to noise and find most fans annoying. Ours were installed a few years back at around 800€ each, but I expect prices have gone up since then!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:37 am

Main advice is spend as much as you can afford - you will be making a 10-year investment and inefficient units will cost more to run and struggle to give you what you want - quiet cool and cosy warmth.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:42 am

peteroldracer wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:37 am Main advice is spend as much as you can afford - you will be making a 10-year investment and inefficient units will cost more to run and struggle to give you what you want - quiet cool and cosy warmth.
Fully agree, price not an issue just want to get the best out there upon personal recommendation

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:21 am

Clima Centro in TDM installed ours. Very professional and tidy. 13 years ago tho. We went for Hitachi and still going strong.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:35 am

We changed our old Johnson units to Mitsubishi a couple of years ago and they have been much cheaper to run. Go for a major brand and remember that they are all the same under the covers. Avoid expensive options like WiFi. Get the cheapest of a good make but make sure it is powerful enough. You probably need one 2.5 or 3kw.

Sid

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:52 am

El Cid wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:35 am We changed our old Johnson units to Mitsubishi a couple of years ago and they have been much cheaper to run. Go for a major brand and remember that they are all the same under the covers. Avoid expensive options like WiFi. Get the cheapest of a good make but make sure it is powerful enough. You probably need one 2.5 or 3kw.

Sid
Thanks Sid, duly noted