Low emission zone Malaga

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Low emission zone Malaga

Postby Wicksey » Tue May 16, 2023 10:54 am

https://www.surinenglish.com/malaga/mal ... 52-nt.html

This seems to confirm that the LEZ will be introduced from 1 January next year. I am a bit confused over the statement about cars being allowed in to park, but not to drive around looking for a parking space. I am OK as our cars both have C stickers which means they'll be able to enter the area apart from the historic centre, it seems. I am thinking about our friends whose car we look after which is too old to get a sticker. I wonder whether a stickerless (ie banned) vehical can go in as long as it just goes into a public car park. I've read similar articles about other cities systems of LEZ but I'm none the wiser :think:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Low emission zone Malaga

Postby El Cid » Tue May 16, 2023 11:58 am

The cameras record you as you enter the zone, so I can't see how they would know you were parking.

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue May 16, 2023 1:45 pm

That's what I was thinking Sid. It doesn't seem to be very clear.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue May 16, 2023 11:43 pm

I was fined in Madrid even though I was allowed to park. I parked in a car park and assumed I could enter and leave as long as I parked the car. I paid the 50 euros even though I wasn't sure what I had done wrong.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed May 17, 2023 7:53 am

No sticker no entry. Park outside the zone, its the same in all ULEZ cities. When we go to Segovia I have to go through the low emission zone but the hotel we stay at registers our reg number with the council and they cancel the fine before its issued as we are guests.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 17, 2023 8:34 am

The instructions are rather confusing then. I can't see how you can enter without the sticker and park without getting a fine.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed May 17, 2023 10:13 am

This strikes the fear of God in me.

We have been to Badajoz, Ourense and A Coruna in the last few days. We normally drive into the centre, pay for parking and take in one or two significant sites.The tower of Hercules was superb but we didn’t want to see anything in the city itself. Sat nav had other ideas!

Adapt and survive I guess. I dont want to change car for a few more years.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu May 18, 2023 10:55 am

I read it as tho you can drive in, sticker or not, as long as the car is going to be parked off the road, ie in a multi-story car park?

We both have C stickers so we are ok till 2030 <unless that changes>
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri May 19, 2023 6:37 am

spanish_lad wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:55 am I read it as tho you can drive in, sticker or not, as long as the car is going to be parked off the road, ie in a multi-story car park?

We both have C stickers so we are ok till 2030 <unless that changes>
Why does it matter where you park? That bonkers as you still polute as you drive to parking area.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Fri May 19, 2023 4:35 pm

costakid wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:37 amWhy does it matter where you park? That bonkers as you still polute as you drive to parking area.
:think: spain innit :thumbup:

i guess their thinking is that "you/we" wont be driving around looking for a space, but going directly to the car park that you need to go to?

or they just dont want old sh*t cars on the streets any more? only new shiney ones. :lolno: :lolno:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat May 20, 2023 7:30 am

spanish_lad wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:35 pm
costakid wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:37 amWhy does it matter where you park? That bonkers as you still polute as you drive to parking area.
:think: spain innit :thumbup:

i guess their thinking is that "you/we" wont be driving around looking for a space, but going directly to the car park that you need to go to?

or they just dont want old sh*t cars on the streets any more? only new shiney ones. :lolno: :lolno:
so you drive to your destination, do what you have to do and when your fine arrives you say it was feria week for instance and all car parks were full so i went home. Wow, thats a new one on me.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat May 20, 2023 8:07 am

They will take the easy (profitable) option and fine you automatically and refuse to accept excuses!

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun May 21, 2023 9:01 am

El Cid wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:07 am They will take the easy (profitable) option and fine you automatically and refuse to accept excuses!

Sid
definitely. no grey areas with fines in Spain.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Thu May 25, 2023 7:31 pm

olive wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:13 am This strikes the fear of God in me.

We have been to Badajoz, Ourense and A Coruna in the last few days. We normally drive into the centre, pay for parking and take in one or two significant sites.The tower of Hercules was superb but we didn’t want to see anything in the city itself. Sat nav had other ideas!

Adapt and survive I guess. I dont want to change car for a few more years.
It seems to be a money raising exercise with motorists the easy pickings of the state.
I assume you all remember voting for this nonsense?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:20 pm

costakid wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:30 am
so you drive to your destination, do what you have to do and when your fine arrives you say it was feria week for instance and all car parks were full so i went home. Wow, thats a new one on me.
The only thing I can think is that people will avoid the areas completely, because of not knowing / understanding the rules

Thereby the government wins and there's less cars in the centre.

But then there will be more cars round the edges of the ulez zone.. and less parking avaliable.. and more people driving about looking for parking... so how exactly is it gonna help ? :lol:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:42 pm

I wonder if the ships and cruise liners will have their discs? Oh and the planes.

Francis
Tourist

Postby Francis » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:14 pm

When the ships and planes access the roads in the city centre they might need the discs!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:05 pm

The zone will cover an area of 437 hectares, although restrictions will become more stringent as vehicles get closer to the historic centre. The zone goes beyond the Alameda and extends to the whole area of La Malagueta and Monte Sancha, the La Victoria district, El Ejido, Capuchinos, Segalerva, La Trinidad, El Perchel and the area around Avenida de Andalucía. The cameras are expected to be operational by 1 January, 2024.

Different levels

There will be different levels of access to the ZBE. The first level, the one with the most stringent restrictions, will be the inner zone, which includes the old historic town and the Soho area. These areas will only be accessible to authorised vehicles, with exceptions such as vehicles granted permission for loading and unloading, or temporary permits. Access will also be allowed to public car parks.

In the second zone, the outer zone, access will depend on the vehicle's emissions label (DGT sticker), together with the criteria already in place for the inner zone. It is expected measures will be more restrictive on polluting vehicles as time passes.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:48 am

costakid wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:05 pmThese areas will only be accessible to authorised vehicles, with exceptions such as vehicles granted permission for loading and unloading, or temporary permits. Access will also be allowed to public car parks.
so there will still be all sorts of cars driving about :crazy: you couldnt make it up.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:38 pm

Is there a detailed map. It's all very well for Costa giving his description of the extent but he knows Malaga. I don't like others I suspect. Both our cars are B catagory and we need to know of I can drop the management off at the clinic and drive out to El Palo to park waiting the phone call. This is a monthly task.