Catastral Catastrophe

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
BlueSea

Catastral Catastrophe

Postby BlueSea » Thu May 18, 2023 11:13 am

Well I hope it won't be a catastrophe. I have found that the house number of my new house on the catastral and the deed is different from the postal address, as the street was renumbered to take account of new buildings.

I am preparing to go to the ayuntamiento to change my padron, but obviously I want the actual postal address on the padron, not the deed number, so that my official address is one I can receive post at.

Has anyone any experience with this kind of situation or advice as to how I deal with it at the ayto? Are they likely to accept my explanation? Thanks for any advice.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Catastral Catastrophe

Postby spanish_lad » Fri May 19, 2023 4:52 pm

your address is your address- a padron has nothing to do with the catastro. If the post office changed it, then the town hall will accept that.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Re: Catastral Catastrophe

Postby IreneD » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:20 am

We got round this problem by putting our catastral house number on the wall outside our front door, together with our name, in ceramic tiles. I hope we didn't lose any mail, the house with our catastral number was unoccupied, so if mail meant for us got slipped under the door.... well, I don't know but I don't think we missed anything important. I used to worry when there was a change of postman/lady, though, until the new one got to know us. I believe it's very common for catastral numbers to vary from the house numbers the Town Hall put up.