post between Andalucia and UK

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
jamesinriofrio

post between Andalucia and UK

Postby jamesinriofrio » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:20 pm

Caja Rural Granada have always sent my renewal debit card to my address in the UK and this has always gone without a hitch. This time round I am still without a replacement after two attempts. Has anyone else experienced problems with post between Spain and the UK? What's a reasonable time to expect delivery these days? 2/3 weeks? I've learnt my lesson and will drive up to the rurally located branch and pick up a third replacement in January and ask them to not bother trying to send it in the future, as helpful and convenient was the intention. Interested in any other experiences.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: post between Andalucia and UK

Postby markwilding » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:43 pm

Since the UK left the EU, the post definitely takes much more time to get to the UK and to come to Spain. 0ur tax returns last year took over 5 weeks to arrive and we got fined as it did so after the deadline but as we could prove we had allowed a reasonable amount of time for them to get there, we appealed and won. we now allow 3 months to be sure.

The other way from the UK into Spain is no different. Before Brexit things took just a few days but now they take weeks. I lost my UK bank cards on a recent visit to the UK and were sent new ones, which haven't arrived yet but I'm not overly worried because I don't expect them to arrive for another couple of weeks.

jamesinriofrio

Postby jamesinriofrio » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:03 pm

markwilding wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:43 pm Since the UK left the EU, the post definitely takes much more time to get to the UK and to come to Spain. 0ur tax returns last year took over 5 weeks to arrive and we got fined as it did so after the deadline but as we could prove we had allowed a reasonable amount of time for them to get there, we appealed and won. we now allow 3 months to be sure.

The other way from the UK into Spain is no different. Before Brexit things took just a few days but now they take weeks. I lost my UK bank cards on a recent visit to the UK and were sent new ones, which haven't arrived yet but I'm not overly worried because I don't expect them to arrive for another couple of weeks.

Thanks for quick response. Maybe they'll turn up yet!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:43 pm

We haven't yet received any Xmas cards and I know friends usually send them well ahead. I sent some documents 'certificado' to the UK on 7 December and they took 12 days to reach their destination. I rarely send or receive stuff these days, but I think it is slower. When I used to write letters regularly they used to always reach the recipient in about 3 days. I think the UK Royal Mail is pretty rubbish these days, which doesn't help.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:36 am

A friend sent me a 2nd hand car key by DHL so i could move his car as he couldn’t travel. He had to put a value on the item so he declared £50. I was emailed by DHL and had to pay 31 euros in duty before they would deliver the item in Spain. Crazy