I’m back

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
KKKaty
Andalucia.com Amigo

I’m back

Postby KKKaty » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:55 am

Feliz nuevo año a todos.
Not been on here for a long time. Been travelling. Twice to Almunecar which I like. Then visiting friends in New Zealand. Will probably be back in Almuñecar around March. Having a hip replacement next week so winding down a bit.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: I’m back

Postby olive » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:57 pm

Welcome back. Good luck with the hip replacement. Is it true you have to sleep on your back for several weeks after the op?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:06 pm

Hi KKKaty,

Good to see you're still around.......have you a sticky.. .........K .......... Key......... :?: ......... :D

All the best for the OP ..........stick with the post OP program and you'll soon be running around again.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:02 pm

olive wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:57 pm Is it true you have to sleep on your back for several weeks after the op?
Having very recently gone through this (breakage not planned) the answer is partially true. After the op you will not want to sleep on the incision and you will probably find that sleeping on the other side gives discomfort in the new joint, so you end up on your back, usually with a cushion under the affected leg. I hate sleeping on my back but for a couple of weeks it was the only option. After about 3 weeks I could sleep on one side for most of the night.

As for walking I was OK using just a stick after 2 weeks. No pain at any point in the process. The only downside is listening to the chainsaw and multiple hammer blows!

Sid

KKKaty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby KKKaty » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:21 pm

Yes the instructions says to sleep on my back. Not a very good sleeper anyway and never slept on my back. I am not comfortable sleeping on the bad hip now. Don’t limp but it locks after sitting. Have also grown extra bone which needs burning off. Was hoping to visit Almuñécar in March. :thumbup:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:57 pm

If you want a nice place for your post op rehab, you should try this place. Highly recommended by a friend who used it recently.

https://www.theclavadel.co.uk/

Sid

KKKaty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby KKKaty » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:03 pm

El Cid wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:57 pm If you want a nice place for your post op rehab, you should try this place. Highly recommended by a friend who used it recently.

Sid
Looks very good and fairly close to me. I googled some and this came up. Daughter is now coming to stay she has just been moved back to London so she will be staying here. But bossy haha..

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:16 pm

Good luck with the opp.

Just curious, why did you not just reset your password on the old name ?

anyroads

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:23 pm

KKKaty wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:55 am Feliz nuevo año a todos.
Not been on here for a long time. Been travelling. Twice to Almunecar which I like. Then visiting friends in New Zealand. Will probably be back in Almuñecar around March. Having a hip replacement next week so winding down a bit.
I didn't miss you and I don't mean that in a derogatory way as I've been out of action myself for some time, I too am back and good to see you posting again !

As a side interest did you know that Laurie Lee (he of the "Cider with Rosie" and "As I walked out one midsummer morning" tomes has/had a strong association with Almunecar, he was living there at the beginning of the Spanish civil war and was actually resued from there by a British warship !

KKKaty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby KKKaty » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:18 am

:wave: Nice to see you back too. Yes there is a monument to him on the Paseo. He actually unveiled it when he was still alive. I might go again about March.

KKKaty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby KKKaty » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:25 am

anyroads wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:16 pm Good luck with the opp.

Just curious, why did you not just reset your password on the old name ?

anyroads
I did but had a few attempts and it wouldn’t take it. This was my final attempt. You would smile if you saw my new password.

KKKaty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby KKKaty » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:37 am

:D
El Cid wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:57 pm If you want a nice place for your post op rehab, you should try this place. Highly recommended by a friend who used it recently.

Sid
Going ok. Worse thing was not being able to drive for 6 weeks. Felt capable after 2 weeks as I have an automatic but worried about insurance. Next think I need is a cataract doing. Old age creeping up