Under the influence

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Under the influence

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:47 pm

I saw some drunks here today (sunday) for the first time staggering along the street at 7pm..... no they were not youngsters but Brits in their 50´s :shock: We live in a tiny village with just 1 shop, 1 bar and 1 bank what must the locals think?

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:33 am

what must the locals think?
They now believe the stories they have heard...dont worry its a boost to their pride.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:21 am

Did you see the cartoon in the spanish Cadiz Daily a couple of days ago showing a Spanish couple enjoying the moonlight while an English couple went past drunk and screaming in English? The Spanish commented on the reversal to primitive man and decline of the English civilisation. I've not seen such open derision of the English in a Spanish newspaper before round here.

citymike
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Under the influence

Postby citymike » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:00 pm

oliveview01 wrote:I saw some drunks here today (sunday) for the first time staggering along the street at 7pm..... no they were not youngsters but Brits in their 50´s :shock: We live in a tiny village with just 1 shop, 1 bar and 1 bank what must the locals think?
If you are so easily shocked then I suggest you never consider moving to a town with more than a couple of thousand people. Where I live most of my drinking partners are Spanish people in their 50s and they aint novices.

Oh, and if you want to get some grass then any such town will have a bunch of kids who can supply you.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:36 pm

I´m not shocked, and as for ´grass´ we could do with some here, the ground is rather brown and dusty :(
I was just making the observation that it is usually the youngsters that are blamed for getting drunk not the older folk!

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:55 pm

They were probably celebrating the Ashes win...............it is a bit unusual for England to actually win at something :-)

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:15 am

Don't forget the Rugby boys last year!
It's the footballers letting us down, too busy counting their wages and sponsorship earnings or reading about their antics in the Sunday tabloids to concentrate on the game. Then of course there's that Swedish idiot.
I wear it well...........

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:24 pm

citymike wrote:
oliveview01 wrote:I saw some drunks here today (sunday) for the first time staggering along the street at 7pm..... no they were not youngsters but Brits in their 50´s :shock: We live in a tiny village with just 1 shop, 1 bar and 1 bank what must the locals think?
If you are so easily shocked then I suggest you never consider moving to a town with more than a couple of thousand people. Where I live most of my drinking partners are Spanish people in their 50s and they aint novices.

Oh, and if you want to get some grass then any such town will have a bunch of kids who can supply you.
lol you´d hate alhaurin el grande on a friday and saturday night then :D:D:D
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:22 pm

Especially The Black Horse eh!!

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:43 pm

To Stantheman,
The Black Horse? At Mr Weebles prices I am surprised you manage to get drunk there!!!!!
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.