Housetrapped in the Sun?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:45 pm

It's funny how people interpret the programmes dialogue in different ways. IMO, the view projected was that "offer" from the snail pair was was quite obviously the barmy one. :D I also thought the comments on the properties inaccessibility were to reinforce how unsuitable it was for the crackpot couple not a slight on the house itself.

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:47 pm

SHERLOCK, I have no doubt that Mr Pinks gives sensible and useful advice, I have read many posts giving good advice however when I suggested my situation property wise was due to slump in the market, over build and "time wasters" from UK who could not raise funds, my theory was poo pooed and I was implied that it was my own fault for buying a cr** house in a cr** location but when Mr pinks is facing similar problems, it's because of the UK property market!!
I'm truly sorry If I'm not allowed to feel somewhat offended by this SENSIBLE information/advice!! Me thinks it's 1 rule for SOME PEOPLE and another for others.
That's the last I shall say on this now as it's getting boring and repetitive.

jpinks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jpinks » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:12 pm

Lorraine - Mijas wrote:...... it was my own fault for buying a cr** house in a cr** location but when Mr pinks is facing similar problems, it's because of the UK property market!!
I don't remember that being said.
I'm truly sorry If I'm not allowed to feel somewhat offended by this SENSIBLE information/advice!! Me thinks it's 1 rule for SOME PEOPLE and another for others.
Not at all - but it depends on your perspective on the advice given.
That's the last I shall say on this now as it's getting boring and repetitive.
I don't like to think of you being disgruntled. Better to say what you want, the forum is like TV - it's got an "off" button for those who don;t want to read something :wink:
Slainte,
JohnP.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re:

Postby katy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:25 pm

katy wrote:I think if the snail guy buys anything it will be a run down apartment in Benalmadena. They always seem to gravitate towards the coast. I think they are just dreamers. What about the converted containers they were considering. I have been watching the Slovakia one but missed the first week. I think the "chateau" is ugly.
15 replies thought forum members didn't watch UKTV!
Has anyone heard of the snail couple recently. :?:

Nimrod
Resident

Re: Housetrapped in the Sun?

Postby Nimrod » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:01 pm

Katy,is this a competition to see who can trawl up the oldest thread? :D

But I'd like to know about the snail people too!

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Nimrod wrote:Katy,is this a competition to see who can trawl up the oldest thread? :D
Hmmmm, below is a quote from Kathy on another thread :clap: :clap:

"Bringing up old threads

Unread postby katy on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:16 am
Can't old threads more than a year or so be closed and be read only? If you do a search on Trip Advisor they close them after so long.

I have noticed that when old threads re-appear it is mainly a spammer or someone resurrecting and old argument for personal spite" :crazy: :crazy:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:48 pm

If you look back at that thread you will see I gave a link to this. Was sort of an example, especially the part which states I can go into a thread I posted in 2005 and change it. See below. It is 9 years old and I can still edit it. :D

I do wonder what happened to the snailies :think:

Postby katy on Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:31 am

I think if the snail guy buys anything it will be a run down apartment in Benalmadena. They always seem to gravitate towards the coast. I think they are just dreamers. What about the converted containers they were considering. I have been watching the Slovakia one but missed the first week. I think the "chateau" is ugly.
15 replies thought forum members didn't watch UKTV!

Last edited by katy on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nimrod
Resident

Postby Nimrod » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:40 pm

I think if the snail guy had been successful we would have heard about it and we'd all be doing it!

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:05 am

Maybe they have changed programme, big fat gypsy wedding?

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:05 am

For one horrible moment, when I saw this headline I thought it just might be ....., but thankfully, no. :lol:

http://www.diariosur.es/axarquia/201406 ... 141-v.html

jukim
Resident

Postby jukim » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:43 pm

Snail trail…. :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Place- ... 8064563510