Christmas Fayre >Sol Andalusi (Al.de.la.Torre,malaga)

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Christmas Fayre >Sol Andalusi (Al.de.la.Torre,malaga)

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:50 pm

i just thought i would let everyone know that there is going to be a Christmas Fayre at the Sol Andalusi resort in alhaurin de la torre on the saturday 26th of november. its on 10am-6pm, and there is plenty of parking :) Its gonna be a one stop christmas shop, including gifts, cards, paper, handicrafts, cds, food, drink ect ect...

If you want any information or to book a stall (sooner rather than later, theres only a few spaces left!!!), please call Lin on 952 596 481 or 679 528 700.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:36 am

Directions : (taken from their website)

From Málaga:
"Take the road direction Torremolinos and after passing the Airport drive on the righthand-lane. Soon you will see a blue pedestrain-bridge that crosses the road.
Be prepared to take the turn-off to the right that comes up after 100 meters (to the left you can see a roundabout with a Burger King). Now continue straight on, direction Alhaurín de la Torre and once there continue straight through the village until you come to a BP- petrolstation (on the right, it's the only one there is). Continue and at the first roundabout turn right (you will see Sol Andalusí signs, you are only 3 minutes away from Sol Andalusí), keep driving straight ahead at the following 2 roundabouts and you will see the yellow flags and the contrcution of Sol Andalusí.

From Marbella - Torremolinos:
"You take the motorway direction Málaga and take the turn-off that reads "Parador del Golf". You will come to an overbridged roundabout. Round it towards the left and take the first road that comes up straight ahead (on your right you'll see the 'Plaza Mayor' leisure & amusement complex) direction Churriana-Coín. Very soon you will see another roundabout. Prepare to go left and round it (a Burger King will come up on your right) and get onto the road direction Alhaurín de la Torre. Drive straight ahead and once there, through the village until you come to a BP-petrolstation (it's the only one) on your right. Continue and at the first roundabout turn right (you will see Sol Andalusí signs, you are only 3 minutes away from Sol Andalusí), keep driving straight ahead atthe following 2 roundabouts and you will see the yellow flags and the construction of Sol Andalusí.

Note one: An alternative direct route to the Sol Andalusí-estate is open to you if you part from Estepona, San Pedro de Alcántara or Marbella: At the shopping-center "La Cañada" (Leroy Merlín) take the Ojén-Monda-Coín road. At the end go direction Alhaurín el Grande up to the roundabout at "Venta Los Chavos" (on your left). Turn to the left and keep driving straight on, passing the 2 roundabouts on your way. When you stop to cross at the 2nd one you will see a petrolstation opposite on the right. From that point it will take you only about 7 minutes to arrive at the Sol Andalusí-estate. You'll see its yellow banners. Turn right at the first banner.

Note two: Parting from Marbella, Míjas-Costa (and Fuengirola if you like) go to La Cala (de Míjas) and take the road direction La Cala Golf. At the first roadsplit take the righthand road. Drive straight on and at the end of the road take the one to the left, direction Alhaurín el Grande - Coín. At the end of this road you will come to a roundabout (with a petrolstation on the right). Continue straight ahead to Alhaurín el Grande. Do not enter the village but take the ringroad to the right. It takes you to a small roudabout (with a concrete cross). Cross straight ahead and soon you will come to a petrolstation on the right (on your left another roundabout). At the petrolstation you turn to the right and drive straight on for about 7 minutes, until you see Sol Andalusí's yellow banners. (Turn to the right at the first banner.)

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:21 am

Thanks Spanish Lad.

Directions are great, means I should find the place now & my other half won't complain about me wanting to ship over my Xmas decorations :roll: - I'll just buy new ones :wink:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:20 pm

Triple A (animal charity) have a good one in the centre of marbella usually mid December. Really good decorations too ..and food. Its sometimes possible to pick up the odd chanel (genuine) bag or a designer dress.

Sandra
Tourist

Postby Sandra » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:25 pm

Here is a link for details of the triple A Christmas fair - http://www.aaahelps.com/en/events.asp

meseta
Andalucia.com Amigo

charities

Postby meseta » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:44 am

personally i feel that advertising charity events on this site is fine but to openly promote more commercial concerns is not on ! Christmas or not !

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Re: charities

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:01 pm

meseta wrote:personally i feel that advertising charity events on this site is fine but to openly promote more commercial concerns is not on ! Christmas or not !

and why not ? it is an event taking place in andalucia.

by your reckoning no-one should recomend ANY shop or shopping centre or builders merchant anywhere in spain. (they are, afterall, commercial...) that would be good wouldn´t it ?? we´d get really far around here if everyone thought like you :(

when people like poshtotti are prepared to come from estepona to this event, it seems clear to me that advertising is a good thing? obviously an event such as this is wanted in spain, as much for the promoters as the shoppers themselves.

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:43 pm

Yes Spanish Lad, I will be taking the hike from Estepona area up to the fayre as I think it's a great idea, if you hadn't have posted it I wouldn't have known, so thank you.

It's all part of Living in Andalucia, sharing information........??

I will also be attending the AAA helps fayre too, but I'll be working on my selling skills instead of my buying expertise!

meseta
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby meseta » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:00 am

"by your reckoning no-one should recomend ANY shop or shopping centre or builders merchant anywhere in spain. "

Not true ! I said promote !

One has to to have experience of somthing to recommend it !

Can you do that about your item ?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:09 pm

actually, yes i do have experience, i know the organisor personally and she has been setting up these fayres for years in the uk and in spain.

there was one last year in finca la mota, did anyone go to that? i did, it was excellent. packed, great organisation, excellent products and everyone was happy.

do you know each and every product of the shops that you recomend?

its an event, its in andalucia. if it is not advertised, how will people know about it ? im not saying "go here, its fantastic" i´m telling people that it is happening.

meseta
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby meseta » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:22 pm

"...do you know each and every product of the shops that you recomend? "

Now how could I recommend anything unless I had experience of it eh ?

Come on now !

From what I can gather this is the first of its kind at this location.

What can I say ?

I do hope you have fun though.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:45 pm

i hope they have fun too, i´m just advertising because i was asked to help, thats all, i probably wont even be there.