gas bottles

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
ht006d5256
Andalucia.com Amigo

gas bottles

Postby ht006d5256 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:18 pm

I have a few 15kg blue butane gas bottles is there any point in bringing them with me when I move to Andalucia in June cheers
Howard

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:18 pm

you can use them, till they run out, then they will get skipped, they wont refill them.

thats if you are allowed to bring full canisters of gas? i know u are not allowed by boat due to the fire risk? (you are only allowed 2 small ones or one big one in a camoer van, and it must be marked on the camper van too)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

ht006d5256
Andalucia.com Amigo

gas bottles

Postby ht006d5256 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:39 pm

thanks spanish lad for that makes a bit more room for something else
Howard

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:05 pm

dont be silly

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:11 am

daneinspain wrote:dont be silly
me or him ? :?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:14 am

him

paulellis
Andalucia.com Amigo

gas bottles

Postby paulellis » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:30 pm

Sorry don't understand why asking a legitimate question is considered 'silly'

I thought one of the ideas of such a forum is for people to assist each other with answers. I for one have learnt a lot by reading questions & answers on this forum on a wide variety of topics.

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:34 pm

Well Mr S, let me ask you this, how is asking "shall i bring 15kg bottles to spain from uk" a legitimate question? Firstly why bother, secondly obviously they wont work or wont be legal, thirdly Im sure there is enough to transport here why add such a silly thing.

ht006d5256
Andalucia.com Amigo

gas bottles

Postby ht006d5256 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:16 pm

clearly daneinspains command of English leaves a lot to be desired not only did he twist what i actually said but he did the same with spanishlad (cost of pool covers) whilst i am very very grateful to all those who help people on this forum with unbiased answers and who go out of their way to help i don't think it is very helpful to attack fair and honest questions just remember there was a time when you didn't know the answers so to all the others keep up the good work we need you all for our future in Andalusia thanks
Howard

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:48 pm

Firstly there is nothing wrong with my command of english, it is Im sure better than yours.

What have I twisted? You are asking a silly question, bringing gas bottles from England? What else would you like to bring a tree in your garden perhaps?

Please explain how asking about bringing a gas bottle from england is a reasonable question? If I have misunderstood something I apologise but I doubt I have

ht006d5256
Andalucia.com Amigo

gas bottles

Postby ht006d5256 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:45 pm

better English ???(bring a tree in your garden) whats that. as i have garden heaters, barbecue, indoor heater, all of which run on bottle gas, it would seem a waste of money to leave them behind as the container i have will be the same price to ship it to Andalusia whether it is full or not so what is silly about that. i explained all of this in my initial inquiry i wonder why you seem to upset some people???? as you sound an intelligent person thanks anyway for your interest
Howard

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:52 pm

bring a tree in your garden= bring a tree that is in your garden. This is a forum and i wont type everything out perfectly. I would have thought you would have had enough to fit in your container without worrying about gas bottles but if you have space and it doesnt cost you extra bring it and see what happens but there may be transport issues with customs. Why am I still discussing this? I have better things to do.

boxcart
Tourist

Postby boxcart » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:50 pm

then why are you frittering away time on the forum when you "have other things to do"

Faire d'Income
Resident

Re: gas bottles

Postby Faire d'Income » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:28 pm

ht006d5256 wrote:better English ???(bring a tree in your garden) whats that. as i have garden heaters, barbecue, indoor heater, all of which run on bottle gas, it would seem a waste of money to leave them behind as the container i have will be the same price to ship it to Andalusia whether it is full or not so what is silly about that. i explained all of this in my initial inquiry i wonder why you seem to upset some people???? as you sound an intelligent person thanks anyway for your interest
As I said on the other post, what you are proposing is illegal. They are not your cylinders to take in the first place and transporting LPG cylinders in the way you propose is to quote Daneinspain "silly" at best and dangerous at worst. I doubt the shippers insurance would cover either your goods or others if there was an incident.

There are a number of LPG suppliers in Spain and for the sake of a deposit you'd be well advised to invest in a couple when you move to Spain.