guitars

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Mydogdylan
Andalucia.com Amigo

guitars

Postby Mydogdylan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:03 pm

Anyone know of a decent music shop that sell electric /accoustic guitars and sheet music on the CDS ?

Deewebs
Tourist

Postby Deewebs » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:30 pm

Hi

Try the one on Avenida de Mijas in Fuengirola, its up just before the Mijas roundabout next to the bank.

8)
Never be afraid to attempt something new.
Always remember that amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic!!

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:47 pm

Theres a shop in Marbella, excellent instruments http://www.royalpianos.com

Mydogdylan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mydogdylan » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:41 pm

Cheers for the replys guys :D

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:37 pm

Okay, Danes already given you the best one I know of around here, there's also one behind the post office in Mãlaga central, the guy there actually makes classical guitars but also sells all kinds of other instruments AND sheet music, as a matter of interest, what is it you're looking for??

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:25 pm

Good music shop behind Sper Sol, Calle Gerald Brennan in Alhaurin el Grande. They sell all instruments including drum kits, electric and acoustic guitars etc.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

Mydogdylan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mydogdylan » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:41 am

I'm looking for a decent Spanish accoustic guitar :)

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:39 am

I don't know if my opinion is of any value to you, but here it is, I personally am a big electric licks man but I do play acoustic from time to time.
It depends of course on your budget but if you want something for personal pleasure I believe an "Alhambra" will get you through, they're made in Valencia and someone told me that they are Spains most popular Classical.
If you want to get something of concert standard, then in my humble opinion you would want to have either a "Rodriguez" (hand built by a man whose grandfather was a legend in Spain) or if you have very deep pockets you could go for a "Carillo".
If I wanted to have a top class Classical guitar (If I was good enough to be worthy of ownership of one, which I'm not) then I would go for the "Carillo"
I hope this is of some use, I reckon you could go to any musical instrumant shop and get what you want, they probably all have contactsto the good manufacturers!

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:17 pm

Mydog, I forgot to mention earlier, I don't know what your musical influences are but check out Claude Johnson for a truly unforgettable guitar experience, Now if I could play like that!!

Fletch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Fletch » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:48 pm

There is a small guitar shop on the Avenida de Valazquez opposite the VW garage, not very large but they have some nice acoustic guitars in stock
Is it hot here, or is it just me?

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:11 pm

Hi Fletch, which town is that?

Fletch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Fletch » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:06 am

Sorry Syd, Malaga!
Is it hot here, or is it just me?