Catteries

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
alisonb
Resident

Catteries

Postby alisonb » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:20 pm

Does anyone know of any good catteries in the Velez Malaga area? My friend near Almeria boards her dogs, but they are kept outside with just a kind of porch for shade. Is this typical of boarding facilities for pets or has she found a strange one? I know people say that owners tend to go for ones they would like to stay in themselves (!) but in UK we alway go for the split indoor/outdoor runs.

Any recommendations gratefully received

Alison
AlisonB

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:02 am

Friends of ours are using a cattery in the Malaga area at the moment. When they went to inspect the place the owner met them at the airport and drove them out to see it and they were very happy with all aspects of it. Thier cat was then collected from them at the airport when they left to return to UK for Christmas and will be returned to them again at the airport when they get back to Spain. Sounds like a good arrangement to me and I will try and get in touch with them to get some more information.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:42 am

doggies and moggies near the prison at alhaurin is very good. they look after the pets. english owned i think.

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:08 pm

I have used a Cattery (and kennels) on the Cartama to Coin Road for my 2 cats on several occasions. They are English administered and seem very caring, - called Laguna Cosy cattery. The premises are beautifully clean and the area where the cats are housed are pretty big with an open to the outside frontage so they can see what is going on. There is a lovely area to look out on as there is a fishing lake here too. Although it is a bit of a trek from the airport I think it is worth it and I believe they will arrange to meet at the airport to pick up the animals if necessary.

alisonb
Resident

catteries

Postby alisonb » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:41 pm

Thanks for these. Sounds as if they should be well looked after

Alison
AlisonB