hunt for filing cabinet...

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Ulli
Andalucia.com Amigo

hunt for filing cabinet...

Postby Ulli » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:32 pm

Hi,

OK so I have been on the hunt for a filing cabinet for a while. You know, the standard 4 drawer metal type cabinet and so far no luck :cry:

I did actually find one place in Antequera who sells them but wanted €260 + IVA for something that looked like it belonged in the 70's.

Anywhere from Antequera - Malaga - Fuengirola - Marbella and I can reach the place.

I have found a couple of Malaga places on the web but I simply can't find them on a map :oops: so was kind of hoping for a place which was easy to get to :oops: I am quite happy to buy a second hand one, just need a place for lots of papers etc.

I Thank you for any help at all and so does my study and heaped desk :lol:

Cheers
Ulli
F?dd i Sverige men med Guds hj?lp Sk?ning :)

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:17 pm

There is an office equipment shop on the roundabout opposite las chapas petrol station center malaga...if you know where trafico is or the British consulate..cross over the bridge... puente de las americas..and keep straight on down Ing. de la Torre Acosta till you reach the roundabout las chapas... or from the Carlos haya hospital down tha avenida till roundabout...dont know what the prices are though...and I´m sure ive seen them in the hypermarkets too.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:15 pm

carrafour have them, and the second hand shop in alhaurin el grande had a wooden one in the other day, same "style" as a metal one, a wooden unit, but metal "runners" on the inside. i think it was 50€
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:53 pm

Forget any cheap crap, get a good one that will last for years and buy it from a reputable office supplies shop like ofiplus in marbella or san pedro

daismarg
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daismarg » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:49 pm

They have some in Ikea, Sevilla so hope that helps! :)

Ulli
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Ulli » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:14 am

Thank you all for your help.
I also thought that Carrefour had them but when I looked I couldn't find one :cry: , only small ones.

The reason I asked about second hand ones is that I am willing to lower quality if it means I don't have to spend €260 + IVA :oops:

Thanks again, I am out on the hunt today and will bring your suggestions with me :)
F?dd i Sverige men med Guds hj?lp Sk?ning :)

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:33 am

Ofiplus in Marbella have a good selection.

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:16 am

Just bought a 4 drawer filing cabinet from Viking Direct. €124 + iva & free delivery! :wink: