New kitchen, where, recommendations

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Ulli
Andalucia.com Amigo

New kitchen, where, recommendations

Postby Ulli » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:06 pm

We are building a small house and I am going to have to start looking at kitchens now which in itself is a daunting task. So, I thought I would tap into the vast knowledge base on here and ask if there are any recommendations.

I would normally turn to IKEA but thought there might be somewhere more local at reasonable prices.

If you have any experiences with this from Puerto Banus-Malga-Antequera I would love to hear them.

Thank you for any advice

Ulli
F?dd i Sverige men med Guds hj?lp Sk?ning :)

spain_pam
Tourist

Kitchens

Postby spain_pam » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:21 pm

We recently built our new kitchen and bought the ´shells´and the cupboard fronts from a shop/warehouse on the outskirts of Lucena. We had a lot of cupboards put in, and the cost was surprisingly cheap. I can´t remember how much we paid, but they were very reasonable. The cost all depends on what cupboard fronts you choose, they range from cheap to reasonable to expensive. You can get all sorts of cupboard sizes too.
Go onto the new A45 and go off on the first exit (south) you see a GIANT chair there. Turn left and carry on along the road for about 10 min and right at the end on the left there is a place called something like ´Santiago´ if you go over the bridge you have gone too far. To get to the warehouse go off at the Lucena turnoff and then go back towards Malaga, (2nd roundabout) go over the ´bridge´and there on the right is the warehouse.
Pamela

spain_pam
Tourist

Postby spain_pam » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:30 pm

Ulli,
I meant to pm you, so I have redone the message incase it gets wpied. :?

paulellis
Andalucia.com Amigo

New Kitchens

Postby paulellis » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:30 pm

We just had a kitchen supplied & fitted by a place in Tapia. Came out same day, measured, drew plans to scale with computor-generated pics. Arrived on time (and correct day!) , double sink, base unit , four more base units, 1/2 unit, worktops, firdge, gas hob & electric oven for under 2,200.
PM if you want details of the guy

Paul

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:13 pm

sounds like a good price, i wonder how far they will travel to fit one. hmmmm
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:50 pm

We used Moreno Rivera in Fuengirola and, despite not speaking a word of Spanish :-( , managed to get total understanding with the "old guy" in the shop. He produced drawings , specs. etc. - ordered up the kitchen/appliances - and then waited 6 months till the builder completed!!

Fitting was then on the day specified and totally painless - including ridiculously heavy granite worktops.

I'd recommend them to anyone (despite having just fitted a new kitchen myself here in the UK!!).

Total price, including fridge freezer/oven/hob/extractor (and fitting of course) some 2800 euros.

Gus

sioban
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sioban » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:05 am

contact Natalie on 669113890, she works for a good Spanish kichen company! I can reccommend her as my kichen was fitted without any problems and it was the cheapest after searching.

Expats United

Postby Expats United » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:12 am

We used Hipercor in Puerto Banus.
Maybe not the very cheapest, but as we had a 30% discount plus free fitting it turned out to be a very good deal. 4200 Euros all in, good quality and the fitters (who travelled from Malaga city each day) were painstaking, very skilled and the finished result exceeded our expectations.
This is the best & most workable kitchen we have ever had!
BTW - It's HIPERCOR, the supermarket, not the posh bit upstairs in El Corte Inglés!

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:30 pm

We used danespan in marbella in the commerical centre after the copper tower and before the school coming from marbella. They are really great we have recommended them to friends and always a good job done. www.danespan.com
OFcourse they arent cheap but they are the best.