Living expenses per month

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:08 am

Rents etc. may be less inland but there is not as much difference as to be able to live on a pittance. I don't live inland but I do have friends in the campo and there is a very small difference in prices for food. Lidl is on the coast too (hate the place) and prices aren't any different, eating out isn't cheaper. Mainly those local shops are pricier than the supermercados on the coast and they stock goods until they are almost walking out of the shop.

I may live on the coast but I do get out and about and you can't fool me, most places here have a lot of competition so they have to be reasonable. How you live is like comparing Batley to Surrey, some things you can't put a price on. I'd sell off the houses in the UK and give the kids a decent upbringing.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:56 am

What one spends on living really depends on how one lives/eats and not where.
I think you all seem to do pretty well..my wife spends 1000€ plus on food per month for 4 of us ..When the rest of the family (at least once a month 9 extra mouths to feed) the bill goes up. Telephones..well that’s a joke 3 mobiles and ADSL duo, knocks us back for 300€ odd a month.
Inland is cheaper for a lot of things and a for some there is often a bonus of free fruit n veg from neighbours surplus store or own produce.
I think it normal to expect to pay for professional to sort out paper work..because its saves you from doing it yourself.
eating out..menus start from 6€ which is a very good deal..in Granada lots make a meal out of the free tapas that come with a drink while others spend a fortune in restaurants de lujo.
The more electric/water/gas/gasoline you use the more you pay.
We do give it in UK.
a lot recieve here too...especially in family division.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:02 pm

silver wrote:..my wife spends 1000€ plus on food per month for 4 of us ..When the rest of the family (at least once a month 9 extra mouths to feed) the bill goes up. Telephones..well that’s a joke 3 mobiles and ADSL duo, knocks us back for 300€ odd a month.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

OH. MY. GOD :shock: :shock: :shock:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:19 pm

katy wrote: like comparing Batley to Surrey.
Katy

Jumping off the subject a bit, what a coincidence, my mother came from Batley and my dad from Surrey :?

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:00 am

Thank you for all your responses. Katy I think yours is most inline with what I can expect to pay in expenses in an apartment, it is an apartment you live in isnt it?

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:38 am

silver wrote:What one spends on living really depends on how one lives/eats and not where.

I think it normal to expect to pay for professional to sort out paper work..because its saves you from doing it yourself.

The more electric/water/gas/gasoline you use the more you pay.
There's some very astute observations there Silver! Who'd have thought living costs would be influenced by how you live, and how much you eat.
And I never thought that paying someone to do a job for you would save you doing it yourself.
Never in a million years would I have thought that the more electric/water/gas/gasoline you use the more you pay. Thanks for the tips, you'll probably save us all a fortune now.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:40 am

There we are silver, and you thought that I was the sarky one on here.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:10 am

spanish hopes...I´v always known that ...frank.. is the sarky king/queen...

frank...much :?: did I say much :?: ...and while I´m hear frank..might I ask..what is your interest in Andalucia. :?:
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:26 am

With the charisma, and widespread knowledge he portrays on here I thought that would be obvious silver.
Isn't frank that daft taff who wanted to open a Snail Farm? If not then he is his intellectual double.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:30 pm

spanish hopes said
With the charisma, and widespread knowledge he portrays on here I thought that would be obvious silver.
Isn't frank that daft taff who wanted to open a Snail Farm? If not then he is his intellectual double
You really are a plonker! For once, just once, it would be interesting to read something remotely relevant and original from you instead of spending time constantly making snide and boring comments!

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:15 pm

Rob
Your preoccupation with my postings to others than you is becoming obsessional and rather worrying.

Midnight Rambler

Postby Midnight Rambler » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:43 pm

masterob wrote:spanish hopes said
Isn't frank that daft taff who wanted to open a Snail Farm? If not then he is his intellectual double
You really are a plonker! For once, just once, it would be interesting to read something remotely relevant and original from you instead of spending time constantly making snide and boring comments!
Masterob, You've hit the nail on the head, Spanish Hopes never, ever makes an original comment, as you say just snide remarks generally aimed at others, like most of us, I try to ignore him, unfortunately he's one of those thick skinned idiots who won't give up, any way it must be your turn to be Cannydanny or *yawn* soon, cheers Midnight!

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:54 pm

it must be your turn to be Cannydanny or *yawn*
Nope you are still the boy. When you eventually turn and bite robs hand as you always do he will be able to reflect and realise just how naive and daft he is.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:32 pm

Midnight.
Thanks. Quite frankly I couldn't care a toss how many guises people have! It's what they say that matters.
I am on this site, as I daresay are most of us, to learn and exchange knowledge relevant to Andalusia. I don't want to constantly read the tedious, rude, ignorant and immature ramblings of individuals who have personal issues and prejudices that they feel unable to deal with privately.
If that is being naive and daft (Spanish hopes' latest pronunciation) then I'm happy to be just that.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:40 pm

You really are a plonker
You are right rob, we really must not be rude to people. You do deserve *yawn* or midnight as you know him. I hope you will be very happy together.

Midnight Rambler

Postby Midnight Rambler » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:56 pm

spanish hopes wrote:
You really are a plonker
You are right rob, we really must not be rude to people. You do deserve *yawn* or midnight as you know him. I hope you will be very happy together.
Masterob, observe Spanish Hopes tactics, first he tried to turn you against me (and others), because he was unable to do that he's now telling you what a fool you are and already relegated to the lower echelons, but how does he KNOW that we deserve each other, he's a fool and a nobody with little or no self esteem, but don't forget he's a guru :wink: , but then so was the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi :wink: ingnore him, I will continue to ask questions here and offer useful answers when I can, keep up the good work, Midnight!

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:27 am

Midnight.
Exactly. I have said my piece using the sort of language he throws at others and presumably feels at home with! I will leave him to his befuddled obsession with multiple identities and concentrate on the more intelligent posters here with interesting things to say. In any case there are other ways of dealing with this poster.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:20 am

and concentrate on the more intelligent posters here
Oh I'm sure you will feel well at home then :lol:
In any case there are other ways of dealing with this poster.
I look forward to it. :lol:

sioban
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sioban » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:50 am

Everyhting i wrote down is correct, i live in a lovely house with 3 bed bathroom, living room, I also have a double garage and a small swimming pool which I have rented direct from a Spanish man, I didnt use any agents which is why it came out cheeper!
On averge I spend 40€ a month on shopping, this month I spent 37.00€, but this doesnt include popping to the shop for more bread, it all depends on how much I eat because on average i work a min of 9 hrs a which doesnt give me alot of time for eating when I get in.
I do spend extra on beer, but this is a luxury I have cuz i can.
I work hard and play even harder!!!!
I am on a high wage for baza because I have learnt the language and gone from job to job gaining experience and now work for a gestoria, fully legal with contract an all!!!
Every so often I go to almuñecar as part of my work and end up spending over 100€ a week. Far better of in Baza, as the night life is great, the people are nice (most of them) and you can do what you want when.......

Sioban