How to get my PUK code on my Movistar sim?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Lion
Andalucia.com Amigo

How to get my PUK code on my Movistar sim?

Postby Lion » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:35 am

Hi All,

I am borrowing my wifes mobile phone for the journey to Bilbao incase I have any problems along the way, anyway this morning after charging it up I messed up the pin code and now it's asking for a PUK code, where will I find this, any ideas?

BTW - I just phoned my wife up (who is now back in UK) and she hasn't a clue what the PUK code is.

Can Movistar give me this if I can provide NIE numbers, address etc?

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:05 pm

In a word Lion YES Moviestar can supply this to you.

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:15 pm

The PUK code is provided in the original documentation when the phone is purchased. Mine is on a scratch off panel in the leaflet. If you are not at home to trace this I suggest contacting the service provider.

Lion
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Lion » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:29 pm

Thanks for the replies, anyone have a phone number for Wanadoo that I can dial from a landline?

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

PUK code

Postby hillybilly » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:35 pm

I did the same over Xmas - check out this thread
http://andaluciaprojects.com/phpBB2/vie ... hlight=puk
The numbers are for calling from Spain.

Lion
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Lion » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:48 pm

Excellent, many thanks Hillbilly, I phoned the number and it only took a minute and I have my phone working again now :)

That's a relief, although it makes a bit of a mockery of it all to be honest as I didn't have to give my name, nie or any details to get a new PUK number given to me so could have stolen the phone as far as they knew.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:13 pm

I think that there really isn't a lot of point in putting in a Pin Lock. If the phone is stolen they just sling your sim card and put another in. Unless you have a massive amount of credit they won't be stealing too much from you in that respect if they call anyone on your phone. the only people who are troubled by the pin number are the owners when they forget it.