new breed' of criminals

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:26 am

Inaneinspain

Ofcourse the police are more likely to respond to more affluent areas,

Why? That sounds a bit elitist to me. I thought the role of the police was to protect all citizens, not simply the well heeled. You're simply confirming my point, the poorer areas tend to get ignored.

that is where the criminals steal from not poor areas!

Ah! I see! Then the place to live would be the poor areas then, as they are crime free. I can assure you our friends don't live in any Marbella suburb, they are in the campo, but it did not save them from being done twice. To suggest that the more rural areas are crime free is a nonsense. Holiday homes there are an especially attractive target.

The more wealthy people are the ones who need protection and security, obviously.

Why? Why should the amount of money you have determine what level of police support you receive? So again you're saying the poor don't need protecting or security. I'd hate to be really poor and live near you, without any protection or help from the police.

Think logically before playing the "oh its so unfair the police treat rich people better than poor people" card.

Perhaps you could point out where I said it was unfair. I was merely stating a fact. A fact which you whole heartly support.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:19 am

No, I don't think rich people should be treated differently by the police, protection should be for everyone.

Excuse me :roll: Crime does exist in the campo. I have friends who cannot leave anything around outside, even gas bottles! Its not unusual for the electric meters to be ripped out of the wall either.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:44 am

Inaneinspain
Frank, this sort of name calling does nothing to enhance your argument. Dane is entitled to his opinion which he puts without resorting to personal abuse. Your style is very t0pperesque and I suggest that you leave that style to him.
If we resort to this sort of name twisting in what till now has been a quite interesting and diverse debate, it will turn into another silly squabble.
I have no aversion to silly squabbles with the foolish big T in all his guises, but let's not attack everyone with whom we do not agree, in such a rather childish manner.
If your argument is not strong enough to hold it's own, then don't introduce it into the debate.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:52 am

A recent report said that 35% of costas crimes is commited by " British" who are here on holiday. Why don´t they go on holiday to Wales :?:
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:54 am

Why don´t they go on holiday to Wales
Would you silver? :lol: :lol: :wink:

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:58 am

katy said:
A lot of reported crime here is also insurance fraud, suprising how many tourists on cheap package holidays have a small fortune in jewellery in their bags
This must of course be a contributing factor to the CDS crime rate. Many tourists look upon their holiday insurance as an opportunity to reclaim some of the cost of their holiday.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:12 pm

Many tourists look upon their holiday insurance as an opportunity to reclaim some of the cost of their holiday.
This is well known by the police and the insurance companies.
Would you silver?
No :shock:

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:15 pm

spanish hopes wrote:katy said:
A lot of reported crime here is also insurance fraud, suprising how many tourists on cheap package holidays have a small fortune in jewellery in their bags
This must of course be a contributing factor to the CDS crime rate. Many tourists look upon their holiday insurance as an opportunity to reclaim some of the cost of their holiday.
I have had numerous renters report burglaries in my properties. (All fitted with Rejas, good window locks, safes, and above ground apartments.)
All the renters have lost a mininum of 1000euros in cash, and generally a Rolex or Cartier watch aswell as diamond rings etc. It's shocking really and a dreadful thing to happen whilst on their annual holiday :shock: Thankfully nobody has had their passports or all of their credit cards stolen.

Fortunately for me, theres never been any damage to my properties as the trusting folk have left the windows and rejas open and not used the safe.
I wear it well...........

asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby asiwalkedout » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:37 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Inaneinspain

Frank, this sort of name calling does nothing to enhance your argument. Dane is entitled to his opinion which he puts without resorting to personal abuse. Your style is very t0pperesque and I suggest that you leave that style to him.

Actually I thought this was quite funny!
anyway not to lower the tone of the discussion, hasn't the whole 'our crime rate is lower than yours' debate been done to death on a.com, surely there are other more interesting things to discuss like the merits of fresh milk over uht?
don't turn your dream into reality or it could turn in to your worst nightmare!

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:05 pm

the merits of fresh milk over uht?
Are you missing your gold top delivered to your door by the milkman? Now that´s a great business for someone to set up on the coast...as long as he brings the crumpets too :lol:

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:09 pm

The coast certainly isn't short of crumpet silver! :lol: :wink:

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:22 pm

The coast certainly isn't short of crumpet silver!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby asiwalkedout » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:24 pm

now you boys wouldn't be lowering the tone of this wonderful thread would you?? :wink:

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:56 pm

What have you guys got against Wales? Great beaches, surfing and if you're lucky, sun.
Grouser

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:02 pm

Grouser wrote:What have you guys got against Wales? Great beaches, surfing and if you're lucky, sun.
The Welsh. :lol: :lol: :wink:

asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby asiwalkedout » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:05 pm

i'm half welsh and half spanish so watch what you say - it's a fiery combination! :lol:

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:09 pm

asiwalkedout wrote:i'm half welsh and half spanish so watch what you say - it's a fiery combination! :lol:
And a woman too , we should be scared.

asiwalkedout
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby asiwalkedout » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:27 pm

indeed!

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:20 pm

But at least the Spanish bit may mean you won't beat us up until Manana! :lol:

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:15 pm

Persoanlly I dont agree with any of it. The problem in Spain is two fold. Firstly you have three divisions of police, local, guardia civil and National.
The first are puppets, employed by the local town hall in accordance with monies available and this shows. They are not much better than the good old traffic warden and then only on certain days. The Guardia Civil do have some form of training [a freind of mine is one and relates all his gripes to me] They are military formed as is the National but are restricted to what they should or should not do. The National Police here in Spain are some of the finest in the world and deal with all the bigger crime. So bearing in mind that our local cop has the basic requirements there is no wonder that the second problem arises. The locals are paid by the local area authority that they work in and as such will do as the puppet master requires.ie the Mayors Office!!
There is no new breed of criminal and I speak as an ex police officer having worked in the Met Police for 30 odd years. Crime is crime and has been going on ever since Adam pinched Eves virginity!!!!
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.